New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber QD Mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am planning on taking a Kimber Model 8400 in 300WSM for plains game to Africa next year. Do any of you know anyone who makes QD mounts for this rifle? Would like to have a backup scope set up just in case and figured a QD mounting system would be the cats' meow. Checked Warne's website and they didn't show anything for the 8400. Thanks!!

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Talley will get you what you need.

http://www.talleyrings.com/bases.htm

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks 500!! Got on the phone with them Friday so should have them the first of next week. I didn't realize that there are not that many folks making Kimber bases?

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It might also be worth checking out conetrol bases -- really nice looking mounts.
http://www.conetrol.com/quick_detach.htm

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, I hope they work well for you. Talley rings and bases are a bit hard to set up the first time, but they hold the scope like none other, and they look very nice on a higher end rifle. Conetrols look nice too.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote