Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes Bullets Sold?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted
I just heard a rumour that Barnes Bullets has been sold to the same company that owns Remington Arms(Ceribus?).

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
not a rumor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36843 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
It's true and not good news for those of us that use mostly wildcats. There's nothing wrong with Remington -- but with this kind of change, there's always a risk that the new guy will want to fix things that aren't broken. Here's hoping that they leave the Barnes solids alone!

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cerberus... Owns Albertsons ,GMAC,Remingtion and a huge host of other companies. They own NEF, Marlin, Dakota Arms and a host of other shooting related interests.

See; www.cerberuscapital.com

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow. Barnes just finished building a new plant in Mona, Utah and I think that the Brooks built a very big and nice home down there. It kind of doesn't make a lot of sense, although you can get anything in this world for the right money. I pass their new factory on the freeway going north to Provo/Salt Lake City from Las Vegas all of the time and always comment to the family on the new factory. If fact, my daughter in law called me to tell me where they were in their trip up the last week and waited to call me when they were passing Barnes Bullets. Interesting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It appears they will not be moving anywhere and will still be run by the Brooks! Press Release

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy yes... Coni? Perhaps not.

Elton Rambin
Mail/Ship: 1802 Horse Hollow Rd.
Barksdale, Texas 78828
Phone: 479 461 3656
Ranch: 830-234-4366
Check our Hunt & Class Schedule
at
www.ftwoutfitters.com

4 Rules of Gun Safety
1/ Treat all guns as though they are loaded.
2/ Never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to shoot.
3/ Do not put your finger on trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to shoot.
4/ Be sure of your target and safe background.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote