Find
Notify
Tools

Just an idea!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted
After reading Ganyana’s post reporting the death of PH Carl Branford I found myself thinking about how much we hunters owe to those dedicated men!
In Africa, in Europe, or anywhere, those PHs, trackers, guides… they all commit themselves to their work in order to give us, the hunter, the best, no matter what! And sometimes, like it was the case with Carl Branford, they do pay a very high price for that commitment!

Here at “AR†we are over 13 thousand members, most of us hunters. Wouldn’t it be possible for us to start some kind of “AccurateReloading Emergency Fund†to be used in occasions like this, so we can in some way show that we care and appreciate this people’s dedication?

If we put our minds to it we can do it, can’t we?

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I think it's a great idea. the hardest thing would be to find a group of people suitably qualified to manage the funds..... but surely we must be able to find 2 or 3 amongst our numbers who could and would be willing to do it.

The top two people on my list would be Terry Carr & Uncle Ray.

one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I second your choice and give my vote to T. Carr and Ray.

But there must be a lot of valuable people among us capable of getting this thing on the move.
For once let’s do something more than just brag about our trophies and guns!

B.Martins

What every gun needs, apart from calibre, is a good shot and hunter behind it. - José Pardal

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that this is an excellent idea.

B.Martins, were you once associated with Mt Shadows near Cape Town in RSA? Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudude:

B.Martins, were you once associated with Mt Shadows near Cape Town in RSA? Kudude

No, I wasn’t. Probably some relative, as I have family members scattered all over Africa (Angola, Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia, …).

B.Martins