THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Rare leopard spotted in SA (photo of leopard)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rare leopard spotted in SA (photo of leopard)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.news24.com/SciTech/...-SA-reserve-20120416

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9409 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
beautiful!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have a strangefeeling that is a doctored photo.

The whole frame looks strawberry coloured to me.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67383 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

He looks leucistic.

Rare, beautiful, unique!

Via Wiki: Leucism /ˈljuːsɪzəm/[1] is a condition characterized by reduced pigmentation in animals. Unlike albinism, it is caused by a reduction in all types of skin pigment, not just melanin.

~Ann

Posts: 19223 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I have a strangefeeling that is a doctored photo.

The whole frame looks strawberry coloured to me.

Me too...

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
this is in SA where animals in any shade of color are possible! Big Grin

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 724wd:
beautiful!

This is not an attempt to highjack, but this man deserves a medal for his signature! tu2

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked in the SCI record book and didn't see a listing for "Copper Leopard". It will probably be in the next edition. Wink If I hurry I could have the new worlds record.

Posts: 88 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elgin Gates big leopard(taken in Chad) that scored 19" was said to be a pale buff by Jack O'Connor in one of his writings. Some of the jaguars taken in Arizona way back were also said to be pale buff. I believe it's an adaptaion for desert habitat. Did this cat come from the S.A. part of the Kalihari(sp)?

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote