THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: 450 Rigby or 450 dakota - anyone?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 450 Rigby or 450 dakota - anyone?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
Geez,

That's why I went to the 416. More tame than the 450's and same energy as the 458WM/470NE but greater penetration. Now which is better, the Rem. or Dakota or Taylor?!!

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Nick,

Read my post...I said performance on game. You will note I said excluding the other stuff

"Now if you want to discuss reloading, headspacing...a different story."

Posts: 10134 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Hooey!

You can get about 5 down with a Lott compared to 3(?) with a Rigby or Dakota in the same magazine. I'd rather have the capacity than the 100 or 200 fps.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That's what makes a horse race, my friend. There's always a trade off. One more round in the magazine vrs a more moderate operating pressure for the tropics. Points worthy of some deep thought... and there are more: action weights, cartridge feeding characteristics, economics, ammunition availability abroad, and on .....

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote