Notify
Tools

For all the Buff hunters this year
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted
Something to wet the appetite ...

One of my favourite pictures. Wish I could fit in the whole herd ...

Johan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful picture thumb
But perfect example why hunting herds is often a waste of time....not a single shootable bull amongst them... Can´t really see the bull behind the small calf (5th from left).

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Wow! Look at those egrets!!! Smiler

Just kidding - it's exciting just imagining looking over a herd like that trying to find "the one". Sure makes me want to go back. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bahati where did you take this picture? I hope you have an enlargement hanging in your den.

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALP#4:
Bahati where did you take this picture? I hope you have an enlargement hanging in your den.

ALP#4

This pic was taken during September of last year on the floodplains of the Zambezi delta in our hunting area. You can see the high razor grass behind the herd. We see this picture often and I have a number of similar pics. I love them all. I used a 10 foot wide enlargement for our booth in Reno.

Johan

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
This is what it looks like from the air ...

The shot is one of many taken from a chopper during a game count last October. Note the patches of razor grass, ideal for stalking cover.

In case you wondered, Buffalo like water. These two old bulls were caught in the act!

Johan

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very exciting. Thanks for sharing them with us.

One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
Johan...I have a hunt booked with you in 2009 via Ken M...This gets me excited...Thank you

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Archer_375

Sounds good! Ken's a fine man and we work well together. I have so many similar photos. Tell me if you want more ...

You can see the bottom mud churned up as these 2 boys changed direction in the water. Note the broken horn on the fellow on the left ...

Johan

One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
Johan...I hunted with Ken last year on his SA concessions...Had a fantastic hunt and look forward to hunting Buffalo...Of course I want to see more pics!

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Gotta love that razor grass! It's SO much fun to follow buffalo in!

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:
Gotta love that razor grass! It's SO much fun to follow buffalo in!

You bet! here's how ... within and behind ...

Johan

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Cool pix! Both of the buff and of the chase! I always enjoy some of those hastily snapped pictures in the field much more than the arranged, posed pix! Reminds me of that exact moment when IT was happening.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Johan!

Wow, awesome photos. I am lucky enough to be coming to hunt with you via Ken Moody this year and these pics have me really pumped up now! I look very forward to meeting you in June. I have heard very good things about you and your operation. Thank you!

Monte Scott

Posts: 36 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
If I may add a couple more photos of a (still a bit soft/young) monster seen in Lokisale in November. We left him unmolested so he is still probably cruisin around somewhere....

Good Luck all those after Buffalo this year.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote