THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Clothes for Namibia Hunt last week of April/1st week of May

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clothes for Namibia Hunt last week of April/1st week of May
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted
I'm trying to get things around for my hunt. What kind of clothes should I take? A couple of Cabela's Safari shirts? What kind of pants?

Thanks

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
It will be cool/cold in the morning and hot during the day. I used Orvis safari style pants for May last year. Rhino hyde or something like that. They don't have to be super warm, just tough. I think I'm going to by their Induna (sp?) next summer.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cotton shirts.....heavy cotton pants and a soft shell/windstopper jacket for the early morning/late evening rides home.........

Broad brimmed hat and a ball cap.

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Suncreen!

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DLA
Thats close to the time I went. I used 'zip off leg', cotton khaki pants. I tend to be hot most of the time, I blame it on thick yankee blood. So, I needed to be able to switch to shorts during the day. I also took brown tone teeshirts, because even safari shirts with the sleeves up got too warm for me. I took along a Woolrich canvas barn coat, but never used it. The PH and trackers minded the cold. It was about 40 in the morning and late evening. The rides on the truck were cool, but comfortable for some one coming out of winter. Daytime temps were in the 90's.
The sun will burn your pale winter skin; broad brimmed hat and sunscreen are a must.
Get some Smartwool socks!
Most important thing is to take a good attitude, you'll find what you're looking for.
Good Luck,
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second the sunscreen, my wife and I were burnt to a crisp after only a few days. I was using 65 spf and don't usually burn easily.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black Fly:
DLA
Thats close to the time I went. I used 'zip off leg', cotton khaki pants. I tend to be hot most of the time, I blame it on thick yankee blood. So, I needed to be able to switch to shorts during the day. I also took brown tone teeshirts, because even safari shirts with the sleeves up got too warm for me. I took along a Woolrich canvas barn coat, but never used it. The PH and trackers minded the cold. It was about 40 in the morning and late evening. The rides on the truck were cool, but comfortable for some one coming out of winter. Daytime temps were in the 90's.
The sun will burn your pale winter skin; broad brimmed hat and sunscreen are a must.
Get some Smartwool socks!
Most important thing is to take a good attitude, you'll find what you're looking for.
Good Luck,
Bfly

Thanks for the advice.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask your host. They should have a list of recommended clothes and an estimate of temperature ranges.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Ask your host. They should have a list of recommended clothes and an estimate of temperature ranges.

He provided a pretty general list. I am looking more for specifics - what kind/brand of shirts and pants.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi dla69,

Check out this link, maybe you will find what you want there : http://www.africahunting.com/m...e=viewarticle&id=103