THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Which American & Australian hunting magazines?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which American & Australian hunting magazines?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
OK Folks,

Can anyone out there tell me which American and Australian hunting magazines have the best quality African hunting content please?

Websites etc would also be very welcome indeed.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm not terribly up to speed on the topic but it seems that Sports Afield has some decent articles on Africa now and then.

Of course Safari, SCI's publication, covers African hunting as well.

Kyler

Posts: 2509 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sports Afield and Sporting Classics in the USA.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Save your money Steve. I live here and the only "hunting magazine" I subscribe to is Magnum! Discounting those that come as part of organizational memberships.

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I wasn't thinking of buying it to read, Wink I was thinking of maybe submitting the odd article or images for publication. (Esp images) - I've used an agent in the past but would also like to try to sell direct if I can.

I like Magnum and it's very good but I'd like to try to have a wider horizon than just one magazine.......

one of us
posted Hide Post
Definately Sports Afield, and if you want to reach a wide audience, NRA's American Hunter. They have definately been doing more African articles in the last 2 yrs. Just my thoughts...

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
I buy the odd Australian mag,but like most New Zealand hunting mags there are not many African stories and the few we do get are only plains game.

Wild deer & hunting adventures does have stories from all over the world.

Wild deer & hunting adventures editorial office email wdha@bigpond.net.au

This is a New Zealand mag,it would be great to have some stories from Africa.

Rod&rifle rodrifle@xtra.co.nz

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1881 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sports Afield, the NRA's American Hunter and SCI's Safari Magazine are your best bets as stated above. You might get an article in SCI's monthly newspaper as well. I think it's Safari News.

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Sports Afield.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
petersen hunting,wild boar hunter,and australia BACON BUSTERS and Shooter.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya know, Juan is right, I have taken Boar Hunter mag. since the first issue[I love hog hunting]. If you have a warthog/bush pig story, send it to them.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
For your adds, SCI also has a Monthly news paper Called "SAFARI TIMES" I'd say the add prices would be a little cheaper than in the magazine "SAFARI", and would give you more exposier! "SPORTS AFIELD" has become a nice magazine of late, and has at least one article on African hunting in every issue, and sometimes two or three! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sports Afield gets my vote. They have a wider distribution than SCI. I like African Hunter too but distribution cant be as large.

Its been a hell of a party Woodrow

Posts: 46 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sports Afield gets my top vote, but Big Game Adventures runs probably more African hunting stories than any of the magazine mentioned so far.

Posts: 210 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Websites etc would also be very welcome indeed.

Not all gun rags get the same distribution.

But here's a few websites from the ones I regularly see in the big chain book stores.

www.sportsafield.com/contact/editorial-information.html

www.sportingclassics.net/contact.php

www.riflemagazine.com/contact/index.cfm

Posts: 81 | Location: Hayward, CA | Registered: 11 January 2003Reply With Quote