Find
Notify
Tools

Nyampala and Mukungule GMA
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted
Wanted to know what experiences or opinions some of the experienced members have on these GMAs in Zambia, one of my friends and clients is planning a safari there and wanted me to find out what I could about this areas and how good the game numbers and quality is specially since the hunting reopened, any opinion or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 531 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew, Thor?

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I know Nyampala but not sure of the resident PH? Great Zambian concession but the quality of the safari will be dictated by your professional hunter. Is the PH registered with PHAZ?

Cannot comment on Mukungule as I am not familiar with it.

The trophy quality of all species coming from the Luangwa system has generally been outstanding.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nyampala is a top class area. You WILL pull the trigger on a decent buff and your cats are almost guaranteed. Camp is average as far as I know. Make sure you with a good PH and one that will shop booze for you as the operator does not supply this. You can pay your ph to do this for you.

Mukungule has low density of game and very different from Nyampala. Here you are up in the hills/plateau and it is very cold in the early hunting season. The numbers of game is not great but it has some exceptional trophy quality. If you go there for buffalo October you have a good chance of getting a 45'' buff.

Both areas are operated by the same organisation.

But as Andrew says. Make sure you get a good PH and this will determine the success of your safari.

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
You will have a great safari here.

Your PH in Nyampala will be Ahmed Patel who by all accounts is a very fine individual.

Who is selling the hunt?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those who may misunderstand me, when I wrote the camp is average I meant standard safari camp for the luangwa valley. You will have all your necessities plus good service.

Thor Kirchner
Munyamadzi Game Ranch
+260 978157643
P.O. Box 570049
Nyimba, Zambia
www.thorwildlifesafaris.com
munyamadzi@live.com

Posts: 315 | Location: Luangwa, Zambia | Registered: 04 June 2011Reply With Quote