Notify
Tools

To hunt only one Cape Buff ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clayman,

Thank you!

In 2008 I went on my first PG hunt with my then 18 y/o son and a dear friend to Namibia...the experience was FANTASTIC...My son and I shot 13 head of game and ALL but one were one-shot kills!

The preparation, the reloading, the traveling, and the hunt was more than I could ever ask for...

BUT now I'm back for MORE just as you said tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LB:

I was in your same place a few years back. I had done 3 plains game hunts in SA and loved every single minute of it (taking 3-4 animals a trip).

With my 40th bday coming up I decided to save up and try for cape buffalo in Zim. A few years prior, a buff hunt would have never entered into my mind.

My main quarry was a buffalo and if a bush buck presented a chance I would take it also. I hunted as hard as ever had, and on the afternoon of day 9 on a 10 day hunt I was rewarded with an old cape buffalo, and also an old bush buck as a bonus. The highs were high and the lows were low.

As I look back, I have not one regret and if I had the means and time, I would hunt them every summer.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tuskless ele is a great deal. It would be less expensive than a pg hunt since you are not bringing anything home. bringing animals home and mounting them is very expensive.

Posts: 149 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 02 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your dreams say Cape Buffalo bull, then Cape Buffalo Bull it must be!
If the powers told me you had but one last hunt, it would be Cape Buffalo up close and personal....after days of tracking and sorting and passing.....and like my first, under 40 yards and die at two steps from my feet looking at me all the way down! It was a feeble charge but he tried to the last! What a rush!
BTW, check out weshixon@weshixon.com got some good bulls in Zambia.
BTW II, the "best" bulls I ever saw were in Norongoro and Tarangire in TZ.

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom In Tennessee:
If your dreams say Cape Buffalo bull, then Cape Buffalo Bull it must be!
If the powers told me you had but one last hunt, it would be Cape Buffalo up close and personal....after days of tracking and sorting and passing.....and like my first, under 40 yards and die at two steps from my feet looking at me all the way down! It was a feeble charge but he tried to the last! What a rush!
BTW, check out weshixon@weshixon.com got some good bulls in Zambia.
BTW II, the "best" bulls I ever saw were in Norongoro and Tarangire in TZ.

Thank you Tom I appreciate it tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote