THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    OUTRAGE Of The Week: Capital One Rejects Hunting Photo for Image Card

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OUTRAGE Of The Week: Capital One Rejects Hunting Photo for Image Card
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted
OUTRAGE Of The Week: Capital One Rejects Hunting Photo for Image Card

Friday, April 22, 2011

“Express Yourself. Personalize your card with an image of your choice.”

That is the claim made by Capital One for anyone who wants to have a personal photo put on a Capital One credit card. You can even design it yourself online with a photo you upload.

But you can’t use a hunting photo. Capital One considers them unacceptable.

That’s what Lou Hinger of Hamburg, N.J., found out when she tried to design a credit card using a photo of her husband Frank, dressed in hunting gear, posing with a deer he had taken last hunting season.

Hinger received an e-mail from Capital One that said, in part:

“Sorry, we were unable to approve the image you submitted. We will not approve any images that contain the following: “Violence, hatred, or cruelty to humans or animals, profanity obscenities or any type of death imagery.”

“We are livid,” says Hinger, “as we are God-serving Americans who hunt to feed our family. In these economic times our family is fed by hunting, and it’s horrible to be associated with words like ‘hatred or violence.’

“I tried to call for an explanation twice; no one will get on the phone. Also, their terms are vague. However, someone took the time to specifically write that response pertaining to our image.

“Every American hunter should know about this,” Hinger continued. “Capital One says, ‘Express yourself’ in the image card. Hunting is the most important way my husband expresses himself.”

Whether Capital One has done anything illegal is questionable, but whether the company has just insulted 14.9 million law-abiding American hunters is not. That’s outrageous.

For those NRA members who are interested, Mike Marcellin, Managing Director in NRA’s Office of the Treasurer, points out that, “NRA credit cards also offer the feature of allowing cardholders to personalize their cards with pictures—including hunting trophies.” The card companies do ask that no blood be visible on the photo, however, so take a minute in any good photo-editing program and clean it up first. With these cards, you also support the NRA with each purchase. To learn more, please visit www.nraaccounts.com/nra/.

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
and this surprises you how? we have long known that there are many pc big companies. I will just choose to do business with someone who shares my views --- will close my cap 1 account if this is true.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I find Capital One's position on hunting both hypocritical and somewhat ironic. Their long-running TV ads depict a bunch of raiding, savage Huns/Visigoths wreaking havoc everywhere they go, and I seem to recall bows, war axes, and other implements of human destruction in their hands...yet legal, humane hunting of animals is unacceptable? Where did the big drumstick that one of the ad subjects is chewing on come from, a tofu farm?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
WE NEED A LINK TO CONTACT TO REGISTER OUR DISGUST

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Wow...I got a Capital One Venture card in January this year and the image below is what is on my card...no problems at all. I guess I slipped one through...

I told my wife it was so we could remember what those points are going for...of course she isn't real crazy about whipping it out at the mall! I get tons of comments on the card...pretty funny actually.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Since the link provided by Alan is from the NRA/ILC, I am sure this will be followed up on. But it seems to me that just one anti-hunting office lackey has taken it upon him/herself to set company policy.

I don't do business with Capital One but will advise friends/family who do.

Great pic Tim! Is there a hunting report on here about it?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
All banks are filth but the worst by far are Barclays who not only are anti hunting have also been supporting the Mugabe regime to the tune of over US$100M a year, every year, for no apparent return.

Barclays 1

Barclays 2

Barclays 3

Barclays 4

one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjbull:
Since the link provided by Alan is from the NRA/ILC, I am sure this will be followed up on. But it seems to me that just one anti-hunting office lackey has taken it upon him/herself to set company policy.

I don't do business with Capital One but will advise friends/family who do.

JJ,

I think you hit the nail on the head. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the entire barrel. Thank you for your insightful assessment of the situation. tu2

If a number of us send in photos for these cards, and if there was any blow back, then we would have the name(s) of our transgressors. At that point, we could all send a letter to the president of Capitol One explaining why we are canceling out account(s).

lol

These corporations only cave-in to the anti-hunters because the antis are motivated in their activism... and most hunters are not. However, when hunters see an article like this in the news, and it makes their eyes roll back in their heads, AND it has a convenient link to follow...

Capitol One Image Card

Well, there is just no telling what kind of corporate fecal storm might descend upon the head(s) of the aforementioned transgressor(s) when the news of this insult to 14,900,000 potential customers gets brought to the attention of the chairman and becomes a topic of discussion in the boardroom. Cool

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I have a ton of points to use up on Cap One but don't use the card anymore because the points are so pitiful on their redemption value. When I use up those points I'll cancel the card.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
What is the best card for saving points for an African trip?

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote