THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Does a Wounded Cape Buff Smell Different Than an Unwounded One?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does a Wounded Cape Buff Smell Different Than an Unwounded One?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive was raised with cattle and have owned cattle all my life and I can smell them long before most can, I can smell them when they have been at water that day or have not, I can smell a buffalo herd before I see them most of the time, same with elk, and to a lesser extent deer..

I know a wounded buffalo, dometic cow, or horse that's been wounded a day or two smells in hot weather, in cold winter conditions not so much, and of course one that's been dead for some times smell becomes stronger as time goes by..Bovine animals do have a distinctive smell of their own, Im positive of that, and a sick bovine can sure smell at times..

Based on that I,m of the opinion that Kevin is correct and the fact that he is a vet carries a lot more weight than a guess and by gosh thread on the internet, at least with me...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote