New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clip of Mt. Zebra shot with 375 H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here is a clip of a Mountain Zebra shot with a 375 H&H with 300 grain, Swift A frame. Range was about 100 yards. A few minutes later I shot a second stallion, also on film but it is too long for one video clip. The shot was in the shoulder but exited thru the base of the neck on the opposite side.

Click on the image to play the video

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing like a well placed bullet! Any more video clips ?

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Well, the word "hammered" comes to mind. Good shooting.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where's the Mountain?

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clip Reddy, nice shot. I'm debating either the 300gr Swift As or 270gr Barnes TSX, both shoot very well in my rifle. Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice shot. Blammo!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you were hunting with Dirk Rohrman from Okanduka in Namibia. Great shot too!

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Here's his original report on his hunt

Just back from Namibia

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Zebra!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Nice! Good video thumb

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dom:
Thanks for the clip Reddy, nice shot. I'm debating either the 300gr Swift As or 270gr Barnes TSX, both shoot very well in my rifle. Waidmannsheil, Dom.

Dom,

I haven't used the Barnes, but I have been using the A-Frame in my .375 on several safaris. Never had a problem with that bullet and it hits really hard. I would recommend the A-Frame. Plus my rifle really likes them, 1" groups or less.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]