Find
Notify
Tools

Chufuti-Ele-Chewore North
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted
Just got home. I'm pretty hammered, so I'll post photos and a hunt report tomorrow. Got mine within 3 hours on day one. Full charge by the herd, full underwear change shortly thereafter. Ian Gibson did a great job.

Drove from the Valley to Harare, no problems, no stopping at road blocks, road side stands had lots of good food, and we only saw a few shortages in town, but if you know where to shop, you can get all you need.

Did a lecture at the University Medical School. Poor folks have not had a foreign speaker in 15 years. 60+ in attendance, and they treated me like a king..four autographed hunting books and an invite for next year.

The trip of a lifetime, though I think I've said that before! Only downside...appears my firearms are still in Harare Confused

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to a full report!

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your rifles, but otherwise it sounds great and I look forward to pictures and a full report.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it. Hey, you got to write off the airfare on that one!

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Mark. Glad you had a great hunt and look forward to the stories!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Hey, where are your priorities Mark! WE NEED PHOTOS AND THE FULL REPORT! Wink

Knowing you... I'm sure you'll be at the office for the first 48 hours after you get home!

Glad you had a great safari. Hopefully the gun thing will be sorted out soon. We'll look forward to details when you're caught up.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Glad to hear everything went well. Gibbo must be getting old if it took him a full 3 hours to get you a ele cow. With all the extra hunting time, did you finally get a kudu? eland? hyena? porcupine?

How did the 458 perform?

We need more details!!!!

For those who don't know, I hunted this same camp with Mark 3 years ago and I was supposed to go with Mark on this trip but family issues (2 small kids) kept me home.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where are the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote