Find
Notify
Tools

Zebra rugs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of remington270
posted
Looking for ideas of what to do with a zebra rug.
Please post pics.
I think T.Carr posted a good rug with leather trim a while back but cant seem to find it. any help would be great.

cheers

Posts: 31 | Location: New zealand | Registered: 15 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did mine with a leather trim with no backing so it dosen't slide so easy.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Dodie & Bob Wilkins at Wildlife Artistry in Cameron, Texas did mine. They are "rug wizards".

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Jerry Huffaker got mine done. Leather trim and carpet backing.

The picture is not so good:

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My outfitter in Namibia had my mountain zebra tanned there for me, however I don't know the name of the tannery. They took meticulous care to make small cuts/seams to make the skin lay flat, which it does beautifully. It has no backing or perimeter trim and lays nicely in our living room floor where it get little traffic.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington 270

Jerry Huffaker that posts here also did a beautiful zebra rug for me and I have plans to have him do another.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Here's where we have one of ours:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son's one just came back from Namibia and we decided to use it as a throw over the back of a very large sectional-sofa...Works out pretty well in our situation with all the African mounts on the walls in our livingroom!

We came up with that solution as my wife was not too keen about having the rug walked on... Big Grin

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is done with a felt backing in RSA.
No fancy stuff, but it sits just fine on the floor and is an absolute "talking piece" for any visitors Smiler

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use enough gun,

I love the way your Lion is mounted!!

Do you have ny other pic's of him...who did it for you?

How will you be doing John Hunt's monster?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Use enough gun,

I love the way your Lion is mounted!!

not to change the subject,but +1

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Life Form Taxidermy. Inspired by John Banovich's painting entitled: "Into The Red Zone" Life Form has just completed my monster leopard and he is ready for shipment. He is mounted very similar to Ron L's, as shown on his post of April 20, 2009, as taxidermied by Dan Catlin at The Wildlife Gallery.

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I have two both with felt back done in Zimbabwe. One is a full head the other does not have the head. Wish I had known about the leather trim then as it is hands down nicer.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I have three from Namibia. All have no backing. I like them better that way because I can use them in many ways/ I have seen unbacked rugs that are 20 years old in high traffic areas that aren't that bad.....JMHO..Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Jerry Huffaker did Mrs Blacktailer's. This one has a heavy felt backing.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote