New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selous be Dam(n)ed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Interesting Article what is going on in the Selous Game Reserve https://africageographic.com/s...e-damned/#agtravel-1

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did I not mention White Elephants? ... This one would qualify for an SCI award. Big Grin

Posts: 2036 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting to go back to the Selous. Glad I went in 2008. Hope I have an opportunity to go back, but based on how they are talking about carving it up, won't ever be able to go back where I was in '08. baB

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lavaca, I feel the same way.

I feel so lucky that I went in 2006. I believe the 7 day buffalo hunt was $7800 including one buff trophy fee.
2nd buff was $1500. If I had any idea that the costs to hunt TZ were about to double, I'd have gone right back in '07.

That's one of the wildest places I've ever been. Would love to go back one day.

Posts: 447 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been back to Tanzania four times since 2008, and I'm booked for next year, but you're right. It only gets more expensive.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sold 10 day buffalo hunts for $4500 dollars that included trophy fees for buff and 5 head of PG in my early days as a booking agent..so it has become a greed controlled populace of the black African politicians greed for money..The time is near wherein they will pay the price with poverty like they have never seen between the Covid 19 and disgusted Americans over the money trap and most of all is they don't care one way or another..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote