THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    An interesting video about the Tsavo Lions

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An interesting video about the Tsavo Lions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted
I thought this was interesting

Tsavo Lions video

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting! And well done. Thanks for posting, Jerry.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I have to chuckle when pocket protector poindexters thy to figure out this stuff. First, their "theory" cats turn man eater only if they're injured is bullshit. The Champawatt Tigress, Panar Leopard, and other cats were in the prime of life yet they turned man eaters. There was one pride of lions in Africa whose name escapes me that over the course of twenty years, feasted on over five hundred Africans.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
I have to chuckle when pocket protector poindexters thy to figure out this stuff. First, their "theory" cats turn man eater only if they're injured is bullshit. The Champawatt Tigress, Panar Leopard, and other cats were in the prime of life yet they turned man eaters. There was one pride of lions in Africa whose name escapes me that over the course of twenty years, feasted on over five hundred Africans.

Those were the man-eaters of Njombe, the leopard of the rudraprayag was also a healthy man eater

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 531 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting video.

It does make you wonder how much applied knowledge these researchers have and how much is lab related.

At 1:27 of the video, while talking about antelope, they show a blesbok instead of an animal indigenous to Tsavo.

+1 on the maneaters of Njombe.

Also maybe 100 miles from the western boundary of the maneaters of Njombe, in the 1960's, there was a pride that killed a couple dozen humans. No members of the pride were injured prior to their starting to kill humans to my understanding.

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
the shit people get sucked in to smells like a democrat trying to steal a living

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is no different from zoombies telling us that MAN has started using tools 20,000 years ago.

Then a few years later someone else comes and tells that MAN has started using tools 80,000 years ago.

They know as much about why these lions killed people as much as the others mentioned above.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Good video.
Notice at one point the host cites "creative interpretation" as one of the things they do. Does that mean making stuff up?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure the 2009 studies was on a program on the history channel. They did do a history channel special about the lions and at least cited the 2009 test.

Interesting on the program they examined the broken canine skull and concluded the break was old when it was shoot. So, the lion did not break the cannine and just turn to man eating. I have looked for the history channel program, but have not found it on YouTube.

Question? What was the loins eating the month prior? I bet it was long pork.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nhoro
posted Hide Post
This also roughly coincides with the devastating wave of rinderpest which swept from north to south across Africa and killed untold numbers of cloven-hoofed ruminants, including the lion's primary prey - buffalo. Some have speculated that the vast reduction in their primary prey led to an increase in lions taking on "unconventional" food sources such as elephants, rhino, hippo, crocodile and man - animals not impacted by rinderpest.

JEB Katy, TX

Already I was beginning to fall into the African way of thinking: That if
you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on
the animal's terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the
day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely
killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed
because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always
recapture the day - Robert Ruark

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
Good video.
Notice at one point the host cites "creative interpretation" as one of the things they do. Does that mean making stuff up?

Yes.

Just like anything coming from Hollywood that says "based on real events" can mean just the name.

Everything else is made up!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote