Find
Notify
Tools

Shakari
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted
What has become of Shakari since he moved from SA to Portugal?

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Last time Steve was on AR was 6 months ago.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68662 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure he’s doing well. I see posts he makes on social media from time to time.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He isn‘t in Portugal anymore, now living in Canada.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ahem............ G'day folks.

I'm alive, well & still enjoying life in central Portugal & have no idea where Canada came into it as I've never been there........... Far too cold for me. lol!

Other than a stuffed up back & aging hips I'm tickety boo thanks. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Ahem............ G'day folks.

I'm alive, well & still enjoying life in central Portugal & have no idea where Canada came into it as I've never been there........... Far too cold for me. lol!

Other than a stuffed up back & aging hips I'm tickety boo thanks. Wink

Strange, someone told me you moved to Canada. I‘m sure Portugal is a good place for old bones.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Coming from Africa, I think Portugal is much better than Canada.

I have friends who moved to the US, and do not like the cold one little bit.

And I don't blame them!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68662 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Saeed

We now live in central Portugal & pretty much in the middle of the country & our area is VERY like the Lowveld around White River Mpumalanga & the SW corner of the Kruger Park which is the area we moved from when we left Africa & the only 2 big differences is we have different wildlife (but plenty of it) & more water & are never more than 15 minutes from a river beach, trout stream or lager body of water.

We do have a winter here but nowhere near as cold as even the UK let alone Canada & as I grow older I find I enjoy the changing seasons more each year. Wink

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Steve. I am in Italy at the moment. I will get back to you when I return home around the 14th. Taking the Mrs. on a culture tour.
Paybacks, you know.

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I'll wave when we drive by from Lisbon heading north. We are stopping in Portugal for 4 days on our way back from our holiday in Ireland. I haven't been in Portugal since 1984 and Wifezilla's never been there so we thought it would be fun to visit.

We'll be there at the end of the first week of June.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12693 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
bcolyer: Enjoy Italy as it's very beautiful! Smiler

Fjold: Mate you're going to see massive changes especially with road & rail etc.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
bcolyer: Enjoy Italy as it's very beautiful! Smiler

Fjold: Mate you're going to see massive changes especially with road & rail etc.

Steve,

It will all be new to me as my two visits there were when I was on liberty port calls on submarines.

There's drunk and then there's drunken Sailor drunk. Trust me, there is a difference.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12693 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo

Try to get to see the real Portugal whilst you're here as there's much more to it than the Algarve & our area could be on a different continent let alone a different country to the Algarve.

Our area is very like the Lowveld of SA which is where we came from & the only 2 major differences is we're never more than 15 minutes from at a least a trout stream & we have different wild animals....... lots of 'em though. Wink

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We're going to try to. We'll be visiting Óbidos, Estremoz and Porto besides Lisbon.

Frank