New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Namibia with C.E.C. Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Returned from Namibia on Sept. 1, 2007 where my brother and I hunted with C.E.C. Safaris for ten days. We left Las Vegas on Aug. 15 to Chicago and then to Frankfurt and on to Namibia on Air Namibia. All travel arrangements were made by Kathy Klimes at Wild Travel. Very smooth trip. We were picked up at the Windhoek airport by Cornilius and driven to concession close to Omaruru (?}. This is a new concession with excellent quality animals. Late afternoon we went out on a little scouting trip just to look the concession over and get an idea of what to expect. During the scout an excellent Kudu was jumped and unfortunately a shot opportunity was not present then or after a stalk. Second opportunity came on a excellent Warthog. After a short stalk I was presented with a texas heartshot that I promptly missed due to excitement of being in Africa. Fortunately I settled down after that. The following day, actually the first official hunt day, my brother shot a very nice Gemsbok in the morning after an exciting stalk only to find the Gemsbok laying down. That afternoon hunting with Elaine I was fortunate enough to take a very nice Kudu which measured 58.5 inches. The second day both me and my brother took very good Red Heartebeest with my brothers being slightly larger than mine. The third day I took a nice Springbok in the morning and a good Warthog in the afternoon. My brother took a Springbok and Warthog in the afternoon. On the fourth day my brother took a very nice Impala in the morning. I took a good Gemsbok that afternoon. On the fifth day in the afternoon I was able to take a beautiful Hartmanns Zebra which was a priority animal for me. With the six animals that I wanted in five days I then just went along for the ride while my brother hunted for his Kudu. The Kudu was his first priority and he had several opportunities that he was unable to capitalize on. Finally on the ninth day of the ten day hunt he shot a very good Kudu which completed the six animals that he wanted. During this ten day hunt we saw plenty of other animals that could have been taken had we desired or had the money for, including Eland, steenbok, duiker and black wildebeest. The accomadations were first class and Cornie and Elaine were top notch hosts. I am sorry that no photos are included in this report, but I am computer illiterat and don't know how to post pictures. For my brother and I this was a dream hunt come true due largely to C.E.C Safaris and Cornie and Elaine. And no I do not represent them, only a very satisfied customer.

Posts: 48 | Location: Henderson, Nv. | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With Quote