Find
Notify
Tools

Pics of Swainson's Camps in Dande
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Mukanga Camp.

Two chalets. No generator, gas lamps in the chalets. Great view of the dry Mukanga River from the fire pit. Client chalets are very private, far from the dining area and seperated from each other. We spent most of our time in this camp and it was my favorite.

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Mururu Camp.

Three chalets. Generator with lights in the dining area and chalets. Chalets were slightly larger than at Mukanga Camp. Chalets are close together and close to the dining area so not as private as Mukanga Camp. We spent three nights at Mururu Camp.

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Your posts and pictures really help us get a feel for where and how you hunted, not just what you hunted/killed.

Thanks.

(My wife suggested I not post pictures of all the plumbing from my trip. Glad to see I am not the only potty photographer.) roflmao

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Pedza Pasi Camp.

This is the headquarters camp. Three chalets and generator. The Area Mangaer, Jimmy and his wife Trish are stationed there. We did not stay there, but were there a couple of times during the day. I snuck in one of the chalets and took some pictures while the clients were out hunting. Comfortable camp but I would prefer not to stay there as it was quite busy and with Jimmy and Trish there you wouldn't have the camp to yourself.

Did not see the Masau Camp which is on the Zambezi River. They also have fishing camp on the Zambezi River.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Thanks for posting the pictures

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Terry: thansk for posting. We stayed in the first hut adjacent to the dining area. I'm pretty usre the pciture you showed is the last chalet, furthest away as ours and my friend who stayed in the middle one had sort of a "two-step" front porch. We loved it there. Was gedrick still running the place? incidentally, I'm with you on themain camp. Way too busy. It's also sad to note that Jimmy and Trish had been recently run out of their place by Mugabe's baboons. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T.Carr
My wife and I stayed at the Mururu camp last year. The chalet was very close to the dry river bed. The night sounds were awesome.
Bob

Posts: 201 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

Didn't meet Gedrick at Mururu, but they had a small crew at Mururu because the camp was to be empty for a few days. We moved to Mururu to hunt sable. We took our cook from Mukanga as most of the Mururu staff had taken a few days off.

The chalets face a dry river bed at Mururu. Just before we were there, an Australian hunter and his 11 year old son were there. The son was out in the river bed exploring. Just after he left the river bed a young lioness attacked a baboon in the river bed.

We had lions in camp one night at Mururu. We had a lion calling very close to camp for several nights in Mukanga. Elephants were close to both camps on several occassions.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]