THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Plainsgame hunting in January: Where?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plainsgame hunting in January: Where?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which areas / outfitters are open for business in January? I know that some Eastern Cape outfitters are. And of course, from the excellent hunting reports here lately, so are outfitters in West Africa. Anywhere in KZN or Limpopo? Zim?

I live in Arnhemland, so I understand mud and rain and long grass and heat and humidity and animals being spread-out.

What about ticks at this time of year?

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BenKK:
Which areas / outfitters are open for business in January? I know that some Eastern Cape outfitters are. And of course, from the excellent hunting reports here lately, so are outfitters in West Africa. Anywhere in KZN or Limpopo? Zim?

I live in Arnhemland, so I understand mud and rain and long grass and heat and humidity and animals being spread-out.

What about ticks at this time of year?

You might find a well priced Ele in the sand county of Zim

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can hunt most of Zimbabwe in January if Parks have given us our permits by then. For plains game it's best to try one of the conservancies. Nuanetsi is fabulous but so is Bubi Valley conservancy (Lemco), or Save Concservancy. Chifuti hunt Nuanetsi, several operators hunt BVC, Brent Hein being one of the good ones. In the Save you have Makore, Thierry Labat could book you into Somewhere as well or Save Safaris. Lots of choices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry forgot about ticks. They are around. Some places more than others and it depends on the amount of rain that has occurred. It is the ticks breeding season so bring a deet based substance. That will normally keep them away.

Burkino Faso is another good option for January. Chat to Arjun Reddy about that.

Cameroon or CAR are also open then. Chat to Thierry Labat as he hunts up there and knows what is happening and gets great results with his clients.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
We are available. We have done it before. The biggest problem are heat an possible rain. The good part is that you can start hunting very early in the morning take a siesta in mid day and then hunt till late.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ben,

Check out Tugela Private Hunting Preserve in KZN. Really nice folks and good hunting. Very reasonable.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote