THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    African hunting becoming an obsession..?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African hunting becoming an obsession..?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am getting remarks in that direction...from the wife and friends who do not comprehend... Wink

The wife kinda understand....so she copes with me (luckily...)

I intend to hunt Africa 1-2 times every year as long as I can manage it, hopefully into my seventies..

How about you, how are you coping with your wives...and people about you..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
why only 1-2 / yr?????
What obsession .....You ain't got no obsession.
You just got a small hobby. dancing

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not sure how old you are but if you can afford it, go and enjoy.

I may or may not ever get to go hunt Africa myself so I must dream through everyone else's hunt reports

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I prefer to call it a passion. It's just those who don't understand who call it an obsession.

Bob

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Obsession is going shopping to Target twice a week and we cope with it so to all the wives and girlfriends out there, DEAL WITH IT or find couch potato man
It drives me nuts when hear how good wife allows it and yadi yadi yada
If I make money, take care of family, roof over their head and food on the table I think I can do couple of hunting trips a year wherever they take me
So Pondoro, it is not an obsession , it is something we love to do that makes us happy

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
I am getting remarks in that direction...from the wife and friends who do not comprehend... Wink

The wife kinda understand....so she copes with me (luckily...)

I intend to hunt Africa 1-2 times every year as long as I can manage it, hopefully into my seventies..

How about you, how are you coping with your wives...and people about you..

Indeed wild Africa is a magnet and there is an urgent need to fulfil that obsession. I have hunted a couple in their eighties mate and they were still able to put a buff and other critters on the ground.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not an obsession at all. Africa is the place to go to get more bang for the buck. When an elk hunt here in the good elk states costs upward from $10,000.00 for one animal, maybe if you are lucky. The people in Africa are some of the best hunters in the world and also some of the nicest.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lost the obsession after dealing with the aftermath; dip and pack etc....

However, I may go back. for now I am perfectly happy to hunt in the states!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I explained to my wife "Hunting buffalo is one of my few remaining passions in life."

If you can afford it, do it is my thoughts (although I don't have a lot of respect for someone spending money on a safari instead of taking care of his wife and children. JMO).

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's very easy to explain to my wife....She goes with me!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's very easy to explain to my wife....She goes with me!

Good for ya...mine wount..

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
As I explained to my wife "Hunting buffalo is one of my few remaining passions in life."

If you can afford it, do it is my thoughts (although I don't have a lot of respect for someone spending money on a safari instead of taking care of his wife and children. JMO).

Have you the balls to explain to your wife that buffalo hunting is better than sex?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't discover Africa till I was 56 (I knew about it, I just didn't realize my priorities till then.) By then I had acquired the right wife and the right person to go with--my brother. Now I am 75 and a retired bureaucrat on a pension and little else. I save every cent I can--drive old vehicles and live frugally so I can fund my obsession. I walk a lot, go to the gym four times a week, eat right and go the range every chance I get so I can walk and shoot when I get there. Few folks besides you guys on AR can understand the draw it has on me. Going to Tholo (Botswana) in June.

Dick Gunn

“You must always stop and roll in the good stuff;
it may not smell this way tomorrow.”

Lucy, a long deceased Basset Hound

"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the spirit Dick...we think alike, I intend to work as long as possible to fund this great hobby....and live in Africa during the winter season after retirement..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be an obsession, if I could afford it.

As it stands now, it's just in the secondary stage of becoming a full blown OCD*.

Rich

* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is I know that people around me wish they had it.It is nice to have something that keeps you going-whatever that might be.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Have you the balls to explain to your wife that buffalo hunting is better than sex?[/QUOTE]

I told my wife that and she said I was doing it all wrong! shocker

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All joking aside, I read Dick's post and it resonated. How many guys in their 50's, 60's, and 70's have a passion that will keep them moving and wanting to be in good physical condition. Africa is expensive, but adds to the life expectancy!

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10generation:
All joking aside, I read Dick's post and it resonated. How many guys in their 50's, 60's, and 70's have a passion that will keep them moving and wanting to be in good physical condition. Africa is expensive, but adds to the life expectancy!

I just turned 60. This year , I am :

1- Shooting ducks in Argentina
2- Sheep grizzly caribou in AK
3- Rhino in the RSA
4- Ibex, chamois & boar in Spain
5- Plus all sorts of local hunting.

I have not lost my passion for it. For now, I can handle it physically.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote