Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania License Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted
Can a Tanzania license be split among two hunters? I look at the prices and I cannot afford Tanzania but possibly could do so if myself and a hunting buddy could split the quota on a license. Is this possible?

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
You need to ask this question of individual outfitters.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 to you need to talk to the outfitter.

In any case, the actual license is pretty minimal, its the daily fees, trophy fees, and such that add up. I have seen more than a few hunts that were 2x1, where the hunters split the quota (one got the lion, the other the leopard, etc.) but as I recall both had their own license, and it was not as cheap as splitting a 1x1 hunt in half.

Some of the short buffalo hunts were not too much different than Zim/Zambia a while back- and you could take some of the PG species (but not all)

Posts: 10977 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Speak with Aaron Neilson as I'm pretty sure I remember him discussing purchasing the 21 day license, but hunting fewer days than that which would make it much more affordable. I may be wrong on that so check with him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks have been doing that for some time, but I think both hunters need to have a license to be legal. Check with your PH.

Posts: 10311 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJoe:
Can a Tanzania license be split among two hunters? I look at the prices and I cannot afford Tanzania but possibly could do so if myself and a hunting buddy could split the quota on a license. Is this possible?

They changed the game acts a few years ago but it was definitely illegal under the old act and I'm 99.99% sure it's also illegal under the new ones.

What can happen is two hunters can have a licence each but split the animals so there are fewer animals on each licence but the Govt still get hunter fees (as opposed to one hunter fee and one non hunter fee) but the savings to the hunters are obviously a lot less.

Does it happen? - Sure it does but it's a lot more of a risk nowadays than it was years ago when it was (at least partly) accepted as fairly common practice and even more of a risk if the people concerned are Americans because of the Lacey Act.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Folks have been doing that for some time, but I think both hunters need to have a license to be legal. Check with your PH.

Correct! There's NO REASON for each hunter not to have a license - the licenses are cheap in TZ!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
I guess I am misinformed on this subject. I thought the license was what made the safari so expensive. Why is Tanzania so much higher than other places? Thanks.

Justin

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I am misinformed on this subject. I thought the license was what made the safari so expensive. Why is Tanzania so much higher than other places? Thanks.

Justin

UHHH.... It starts with daily rates that are north of $2,000 per hunter per day. Then concession fees on top of that, conservation fees, lots of trophy fees, etc. That's why! Wink

Posts: 3898 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Why are the daily rates so high compared to other countries? It looks like there are fees fees and more fees but it is such a special place.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are the daily rates so high compared to other countries? It looks like there are fees fees and more fees but it is such a special place.

A combination of things. Partly because Govt fees that are many and varied are so high and partly because the areas are so far away from civilisation day to day running costs of the hunting operation are so high.

When every can, bottle, vegetable, nail, screw, pipe & gallon of fuel are a day or more away then the costs escalate very quickly indeed.

There are other factors but those are the main ones.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Steve and Aaron got it right.

For any individual to b able to hunt he MUST have a license.

The license entitles him to hunt.

Even if he shoots only one animal, he is required to have a license - it could be of any of the offered duration.

The outfitter will have his quota, and that can be split between the hunters.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68645 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote