New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spike the Warthog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This story seems a little too much to believe.

http://www.africam.com/wildlif...s_on_cold_nights_pic

Posts: 31 | Location: kirkj@earthlink.net | Registered: 15 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What beer does he prefer?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Castle man, Castle! Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OH HELL NO!!! No SAB for me.....weell, unless nothing else is available!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're generally covered in lice. Don't think I'd want one in the house.

Posts: 10144 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bottle or tap?

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Warthogs are readily avaiable in the exotic pet trade in the US. There are breeders around the country. They probably make for entertaining pets like most porcines.

~Ann

Posts: 19292 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I met a woman in Zim who had a pet warthog. The thing seemed quite tame but was more than a bit aggressive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
They're generally covered in lice. Don't think I'd want one in the house.

Strolls in with out buying something, expects to be put up for the night, leaves with out a thank you and is covered with lice and has a face only their mother could love! Must be a liberal democrat and life member of peta!

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Warthogs are readily avaiable in the exotic pet trade in the US. There are breeders around the country. They probably make for entertaining pets like most porcines.

Interesting. I didn't know that. I did a quick search and found a female warthog for sale. I would love to let loose around 50 on my property but I doubt the LA W&F would be very happy. Roll Eyes

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't know they were available in the pet trade either. I can think of few "exotic" pets I'd rather have before a warthog. But I must say, the little ones are so ugly they are cute.

Posts: 10144 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote