Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunted cheetah?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,
I�ve seen that quite a few outfitters have cheetah on their lists and I�d like to know if anyone has hunted them. I understand that they are quite timid, not DG, and that hunting them is according to oppurtunity as they don�t come to baits.

Cewe

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cewe,
I have shot a few but there is absolutely no thrill to it. A friend of mine reintegrated black faced Impala to his farm and the Cheetahs diminished them in no time. That was the reason for me hunting them. However, that was a while ago and my I doubt that I would do it again. Spending a lot of money on it is from my point of view not worth while but as usual, everybody has his own perspective on it. The meat of a Cheetah tastes great though. The best meat I have had!!! (No joke)
Regards Kamaatu

Posts: 194 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kamaatu,

Thanks, I pretty much suspected that. I�m not surprised that the meat tastes good, Hemingway sang the praise of lion backstraps! I�ve never eaten meat from a carnivore but I�m expecting some bear any day now -wonder what that tastes like? If anybody has a good recipe for brown bear I�m all for suggestions.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote