THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Recommended Reading for a Young Hunter

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended Reading for a Young Hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any suggestions for some "how to" type African Hunting books for a young hunter?

Boddington type books might be good. Looking for a book that has photos of the various African game animals and describes their habitat, locations, and hunting techniques . A book that covers shot placement would be good.

Not looking for novels but more teaching/hunting knowledge type books.

Posts: 736 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
African Hunter's Shot Placement Guides are good; I'm sure Ant Williams still has some stocks. Also, perhaps Into The Thhorms and Nyati - The Art of Hunting the African Buffalo, also by Mag-Set. I also enjoyed the privately-published Walk With the Jackal, by Edd Woslum.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
I have a couple DVD's and a Mini Perfect Shot book that my son enjoyed when he was younger. If interested send me a PM with your name and address and I'll ship them off to you.

Posts: 402 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Get a copy of "The Perfect Shot". Kind of the bible for African animals and shot placement.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Apologies for the unsolicited opinion, by all means get a how to book. But also consider a tale of hunting to inspire and build a fire for hunting Africa. Heat Thirst and Ivory, Months of Th e Sun etc.

Posts: 3534 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are asking great questions....
As far as books.. many here (myself included)have entire collections
1) as noted above, for sure get The Perfect Shot
2) also as you yourself noted Boddingtons are good and I would highly recommend some classics like Horn of the Hunter (Ruark) and the Capstick books are great (although we all now know he used liberal literary license)...Months in the Sun...African Hunter...all classics

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevada Wapati:
I have a couple DVD's and a Mini Perfect Shot book that my son enjoyed when he was younger. If interested send me a PM with your name and address and I'll ship them off to you.

Thank you, that is a very kind offer.

Posts: 736 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Youtube clips - thousands.

Mark Sullivan videos Wink

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11250 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote