New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limpopo temp in July
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have my 2nd trip booked for this July....what type of temperatures should we expect????? Thanks

"The only thing better than your first safari is your second!!!!!"

Posts: 43 | Location: Racine, MN | Registered: 30 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just above freezing early morning,75F mid afternoon, quickly down to 50's at sunset.
Limpopo has substantial elevation changes that will obviously change the temp range.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I was there this past July. It was the coldest i have ever seen if Africa. Fleece jacket and a warm hat are a must have. Gloves were needed early and late.

It was flat out freezing in a blind after dark.

Posts: 759 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Donny01
posted Hide Post
It depends are where you are going? It's a big place, but you can expect cold nights and mornings and reasonable temps in the day Tim. Some places have a killer icy wind that blows through.

Don Jooste & Doug Duckworth

doubledproductionsdon@gmail.com
doubledproductionsdoug@gmail.com
doubledproductionstara@gmail.com

Double D’ Productions

posted Hide Post
What Chris said was correct. It was COLD this July. It was not until about 9:00 AM or so before I could focus 100 % on looking for game. Do your self a favor - through a pair of long johns in. You may not need them but hit one or two very cold morning and you will be glad you did.

Mike

Posts: 26 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I typically bring a Softshell Fleece Coat. Cabelas typically has them on sale. It would be worth bringing one, some light fleece gloves and a fleece hat for July.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
The dead of winter. Warm fleece and I take those brown cotton gloves. Once sun comes up so does temp.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies!!!!!! Just what I was wanting to know....Shawn

"The only thing better than your first safari is your second!!!!!"

Posts: 43 | Location: Racine, MN | Registered: 30 December 2011Reply With Quote