Notify
Tools

New Zimbabwe Currency
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67368 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
jumping Damn but that made me laugh! jumping

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Does his picture remind you of Hitler? In several ways and on more than one level?? hillbilly sofa Packy

posted Hide Post
Surely this is a joke with a computer "doctored" currency!

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
You think?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
today the exchange rate was 2 million k dollars to 1US$ (ie 2 Billion actual Z$ to 1 US$) and at an inflation rate (official) of 10,000% ... by Christmas... Eeker

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Ganyana. I have a lot of friends there (as you know) and I wish you and all of them the very best as you make your plan.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billtux:
Surely this is a joke with a computer "doctored" currency!

As a good friend of mine is fond of saying, 'no shit sherlock!' jumping

I'm only joking! - welcome to the forum.... I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That's good, Saeed!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by packrattusnongratus:
Does his picture remind you of Hitler? In several ways and on more than one level?? hillbilly sofa Packy

Am I mistaken or does Brother Bob have a little fur patch under his snout like 'ol Adolph?

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kind of fancy for toilet paper bewildered ... isn't it? patriot

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
Kind of fancy for toilet paper bewildered ... isn't it? patriot

Not if you can't afford toilet paper and a roll costs you 20 of those bills.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope it is softer than their toilet paper. My PH calls their t.p. "John Wayne" paper since it is rough, tough and takes no s**t

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it's a good thing I gave away my million in old Zim notes

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Posts: 424 | Location: Australia | Registered: 11 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Today's London Times

From The TimesNovember 17, 2007

Cash runs out in land where the bus fare is 1.6 m dollars

Jan Raath in Harare
Zimbabwe’s economic meltdown is gathering pace, with inflation spiralling to almost 15,000 per cent, according to figures leaked yesterday.

The 14,840 per cent annual inflation in October was nearly double what it was in September. Prices between September and October rose 135 per cent.

President Mugabe told state media that “Zimbabwe will not collapse, now or in the future,†even as his strategy for beating inflation with draconian price controls lay in ruins.

In June Mr Mugabe ordered businesses to slash prices to below what it cost them to stock shelves. Annual inflation has since shot up nearly 10,000 percentage points. “I am speechless,†said one economist. “I cannot get my head around these figures. They are so enormous.â€

But the consequences were entirely predictable. Price controls and printing money are primary causes of inflation. “It is ludicrous. The economy hasn’t collapsed for him and his ministers in their Hummers and their Mercedes-Benzs. But they have made it collapse for everyone else.â€

The latest figures were published in Harare’s privately owned Zimbabwe Independent, which said that they had been leaked by the state statistical office. The department had been promising to issue them since Monday. On two previous occasions this year the body has been forced by Samuel Mumbengegwi, the Finance Minister, to stifle its embarrassing inflation numbers.

Other countries stricken by hyperinflation have coped by printing vast quantities of banknotes with rapidly increasing numbers of zeroes.

In Zimbabwe, however, the phenomenon of “Mugabenomics†has delivered a three-headed monster — exponentially rising prices, a critical cash shortage, because the Government regards adding new rows of zeroes on the banknotes as an admission of defeat, and virtually nothing to buy in the shops because price controls have destroyed the retail trade.

The Z$200,000 (7p) note, the highest, has almost disappeared. This week banks were issuing batches of Z$20 million in wads of $500 bills stuffed in plastic bags.

Hole-in-the-wall cash dispensers are now largely redundant because it takes only four customers to empty machines. Yesterday banks were limiting customers to Z$10,000 a day.

Cash itself has become a tradable commodity. Swapped for products such as fuel and beef, it is attracting a 20 per cent premium to its face value.

The search for cash is an unrelenting daily ordeal for Zimbabweans, who were paying Z$1.6 million for a bus fare to and from work yesterday, Z$800,000 for a loaf of bread, and Z$700,000 for a pint of beer.

This week the Government said that its price controls would be stepped up. Economists fear the move will exacerbate shortages and increase inflation further.

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Mugabenomicsâ€

Gotta remember that one...

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote