New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here we go again - OoA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In the new issue of American Hunter, guess who has an African hunt in their auction?

The main issue I have anymore is when OoA is in there, what does it say about the other donors? I know double rifle maker Butch is okay, but it just stresses the importance of "Auditing" the outfitter or PH.

Does anyone add addendums to their contracts for full disclosure of any legal action against the PH, any changes not approved of on the hunt, etc. entitles the purchaser full or partial refund?

The vendors I deal with at work get audited for compliance (fed,state, local) by us. Any illegal activity, notices of violation, etc. Can lead to renumeration, cancellation of contract, or probationary relationship. This includes not notifying us of any citations or enforcement action in a resonable time.

It is a lot money for some of these hunts and I just wanted to know how everyone else feels about this.

Thanks Jerry

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

Ah so, the NRA accepted a donated hunt from Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris, this one a 10-day hunt for two hunters for impala, wartie and duiker.

I am now waiting for the usual suspects to begin castigating the NRA for dealing with outlaws, etc.

The problem is no government has charged OoA with any law violation, so how is NRA or SCI to know? There are no legal actions.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HunterJim:

The problem is no government has charged OoA with any law violation, so how is NRA or SCI to know? There are no legal actions.

Surely you are joking!!!

You say the letter from Zim national parks banning OOA from hunting in Zim. And you know that Zim's public safety department (national police - I forgot the name) has designated OOA a threat to Zim national security. And parks has an ongoing investigation of OOA. As does the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.

No more ostrich routine please.

Also please keep in mind that SCI auctioned an OOA hunt in ZIM which is very clearly illegal and SCI knows it. But it appears the NRA is auctioning a South African fenced paddock hunt, which OOA can legally provide.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Dan,

You know not of what you speak.

I carried the water for you and others posting on this forum to the top of SCI, and got precious little thanks from either group. The US Fish and Wildlife Service is NOT investigating. The Zim Parks letter says OoA is not authorized to hunt or operate in Zim -- without the proper licenses. The professional societies to which OoA belongs in Africa are sitting on their keisters too.

As far as the government in Zim, they are sniffing out money wherever it may be found.

I say again, without official action by the governments involved against OoA, outfits like SCI and NRA have no reason to act.

You have no facts to offer here, just internet bluster and innuendo. When you get the real deal, please forward it to the appropriate authorities.

jim dodd

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...and the tobacco companies say that there is no conclusive proof that cigarettes cause cancer.

___

Jim, I am not trying to make you out as the enemy. But if you know someone is doing something illegal, why do business with them?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote