THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Sports Afield March April Issue - My buffalo story

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sports Afield March April Issue - My buffalo story
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you get Sports Afield the March April issue is about African hunting. I was fortunate enough to have a story published entitled Buffalo at 40.

Many thanks to those on AR and local that helped me along the way. Special thanks to PH Guav Johnson who I have shared too many laughs with.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Well done. I just finished reading it a couple days ago.

IMHO Sports Afield is the best big game hunting magazine out there.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1819 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Just got my copy today. I'll enjoy reading your story.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
congrats. I haven't received mine. Look forward to reading your story.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes. SA is my favorite and now almost the only outdoor mag I receive. The story will be enhanced knowing it's a fellow AR member.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim:

Read your story and I really enjoyed the premise of it. Always a great day when someone new joins the hunting fraternity and you are there to witness it.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't received mine yet. I look forward to reading your account. I did my first buff hunt last July and am booking a leopard/buff hunt in Zim for 2017 as we speak.

I have never felt more alive as when we were tracking and stalking old dagga boys - especially when we surprised one old boy in his bed in the tall reeds at 15 yards!

NRA benefactor life member
SCI life member
DSC life member

Posts: 242 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 09 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read it last night. Very good story.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good story. Just so you know, we all hate you out of envy - that buff was a dandy..... jumping

Posts: 10264 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good story. Your buff was well earned--that is something to be proud of.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well done tu2

Posts: 1804 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agreed! tu2