THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    What bolt action DGR do you shoot the best?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What bolt action DGR do you shoot the best?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys and Gals,
Time for some fun and to smoke out any fancy gun snobs from amongst us.

Question:
What brand of bolt action DGR do you shoot or will you shoot in Africa and in "anger"?

Choices:
Winchester
Remington
Ruger
Sako
Weatherby
CZ or BRNO
Dakota
Empire, HS, Serengeti, Waffin, or other custom

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Very interesting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ross,

Does the fact that a contributor has used or will use 3-4 different types of bolt actions foul up the results? I guess the one that shows up most often still is the winner.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I vote OTHER! because my bolt DGRs are all either Whitworth, or FN Mausers, and I shoot them quite well! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Ross,

Does the fact that a contributor has used or will use 3-4 different types of bolt actions foul up the results? I guess the one that shows up most often still is the winner.

Mark

Mark,
Just vote for the one that you would use if you were only taking one gun to hunt buff/lion/ele/hippo.

Ross

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ross,

Not to be difficult but if you include elephant and hippo I'd pick my MK X Mauser and you have no choice for the many Mauser clones.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I own a RSM 458 Lott but I also have a Whitworth
.375 H&H. and both will go.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
It would depend on what time of day,what day of the week and what I had for breakfast as to what I would pick for any given hunt . I own several different makes that are on the list and several that are not. I NEVER know what I will use next. From the time I get up from the chair until the time I open the gunsafe I may change my mind several times.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have both Winchesters and Rugers in my DG bolt action arsenal, but since the Winchesters outnumber the Rugers, I had no choice in my pick. . .

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
.404 Jeffrey for everything.

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My two bolt action DG rifles are Winchester pre-64 Mod 70s (choice #1) Biesen custom (choice #9). don't know where they fit in.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Well I voted Remington, as in 30S. Got two, one 458Lott and the other will be 375H&H when finished.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only bolt rifle I have used in Africa was a Blaser R 93.
I did not shoot DG with it, that is what double rifles are for. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Of my 4 rifles, 3 are Win M70's 300WM, 375H&H, and a 300RUM converted to 404 Jeff.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pre'64 Model 70 .375 H&H Magnum.

Posts: 310 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 01 September 2006Reply With Quote