THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    how would you like to be an outfitter

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how would you like to be an outfitter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
just think with all the extra BS TSA is giving out now, how would you like to be an outfitter coming to the conventions from say zim. At least they won't need a colostomy again soon not a very nice scene for sure

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Things just don’t work as it use to. In the past we had to bend over backwards to meet the needs of our clients. It seems that the boys nowadays have to bend over forward? And you think its fun being an PH & outfitter!

Posts: 158 | Location: Bloemfontein, South Africa | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
If you find the security requirements to fly into the US a major problem I suggest you don't.

Ask the folks who have lost friends and family because of a security failure how they feel.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want to be flying anywhere just now, least of all the US, but you know what...... Jim's dead right. It's there to keep you safe, so you just gotta accept it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is headed to the Political Forum. Jim- If you think the current policy and procedure at TSA( Thousands Standing Around) is making us safer, I have some commercial property I would like to show you. Can anybody spell P R O F I L E ?

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bsflag
Steve, The TSA scam is simple eyewash. Philosophy is that if I inconvenience you enough, you'll feel secure. Everytime a terrorist eludes the net, we think up new ways to inconvenience the traveling public. If you think I'm wrong, stand around an airport any day of the week and watch all the folks that are not screened walk around the Thousands Standing Around. There are nearly as many folks at the boarding gates that haven't been screened as there are that have been. I'm waiting for a terrorist to mug the Pizza Pro dude and steal his uniform and then blow up an airliner. Do you feel safe now.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Pancho,

I appreciate it's impossible to achieve 100% security... that's been proved many times, but I think you'll find that the visable security (esp for flights TO the USA, where incidentally TSA are not involved) is only a fraction of the active security measures that are now taking place.

Traditionally, British & MOST of European active security measures have been stricter than USA measures because of their longer term terrorist problems such as IRA & ETA etc that until 9/11, the US hadn't been subject to.

I don't know much about TSA but from what I do know, they seem to be more of a PR exercise than effecient security.... but the point is that TSA control security going out of the US rather than into the US and to the best of my knowledge, excluding the 9/11 event, the various aircraft bombers have been on flights going INTO the US from elsewhere. They usually originate their flight from the back of beyond where security is lax, fly to a hub where transfer passengers are usually considered safe and from there to the US.

My guess is the next thing the Govts will do is make all transferring passengers clear themselves and their baggage through customs at all transfer stops and then re-check in and go through security again before the next leg of their journey..... it might not happen immediately, but I reckon it will happen.

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are nearly as many folks at the boarding gates that haven't been screened as there are that have been.

And this happens how?

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote