New
Find
Notify
Tools

Endangered Species - 375 H&H Ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was just notified that the next shipment of Federal, 375 H&H, 300gr Sledge Hammer solids is February 2009. I need one box. Anyone know an alternative in the Dallas area? I need to pick up a box between September 1st and the 4th.

Posts: 13860 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You may have already checked, but try
Rays Hardware, there distributers might have some, Cabelas, and Bass Pro [both of them].

Some of the other smaller gun stores might have them, but I doubt it.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
You may have already checked, but try
Rays Hardware, there distributers might have some, Cabelas, and Bass Pro [both of them].

Some of the other smaller gun stores might have them, but I doubt it.

Ditto these, but also try McClelland's in Garland, Nix in Lewisville, then Elk Castle, Winchester and Texas Outdoors all in FW.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kensco,

You can order them from Graf & Sons, Midway, Cabelas and have them delivered to a friend in the Dallas area where you can pick them up.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
John at Safari Arms will load a box for you; just tell him when you need them and where and they will be there.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
If you can't find any, I have a few boxes that I'm not planning on using in the next months. PM me.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Latest -

McClellands was who I had contacted a few weeks ago, and they were going to order and hold both the TBBCs and the SH solids for me. They advised me earlier this evening (my time) that they could get none of the SH solids from their sources and had called Federal and received the February next-order date.

I had asked my son to call Ray's. I'm still waiting to hear on that one.

Since my hunt is through Cabela's, I contacted them and they have offered to send the Federal SH solids to their Ft. Worth store for me. I should be fixed as of the 3rd of September.

Thanks all, for the private offers.

There is one thing you can't deny about the hunting community, they are a helpful bunch of bastards, at all levels. McClellands didn't have to give me an e-mail heads-up. Cabela's didn't have to fly-in ammo for me. You guys didn't have to offer suggestions; and you didn't have to offer your own ammo. That you did re-enforces my opinion that we're a pretty good bunch of blokes as they say here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
For those in the Dallas area. Ray's Hardware does not have any Solids either, and doesn't expect any anytime soon.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
If that falls through, I think I have about 11 rounds here, and I am in Dallas.

I had guys (plural) offer to let me use their gun when my stock broke on my Remington before going to Tanzania in '05. Good group, no doubt.

Of course, some of them wanted me to reciprocate by lending out the Chapuis on my return!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are the 300 grain Winchester RN solids any good? Ijust bought 3 boxes for $29/box. I figured that even if they were crap I would be getting Win brass to reload.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are all the bullets being siphoned off to make 375 Rooger ammo?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's always Larry at Superior Ammo in Sturgis, SD. He does very good work.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Kensco are you looking for bullets or loaded ammo? If you're looking for bullets I've got 18 .375 Barnes 300 gr monolithic super solids. That would give you almost a full box of cartridges. You are welcome to them if that will help!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the options. I'm going to get to Dallas, see where I stand, and go from there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
ALL of the big mail order firms I checked were out, but this company and couple of others seem to have it. If in doubt, I'd order some.......

.375 TBS ammo

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just found another option. Norma 375 H&H African PH 350 Grain Woodleigh Full Metal Jacket. The cost is $73.49 per box of 10.

Isn't this overkill for buffalo if I can get my hands on 300 gr.