Find
Notify
Tools

A thousand Buffalo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
My son Ben and the pilot counted over 1,000 Buffalo in a herd and another of 500 amassing on the Kasonso plains. Leaving behind them groups of dagga boys who seek the solitude of the lush swamps. The last picture is of a small group of solid old bulls all with different horn configurations and I certainly would be happy to take anyone of them. Again congrats to Ntengu Safaris for their continued efforts in conservation.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9982 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just because l may never be able to afford the cash or my own hide (should the Ratwife find out what l was planning) it still doesn't mean l can't dream....
Thank you for sharing what will no doubt turn into a fantastic time for someone to joint you in hunting those boys....

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Really cool pics!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's great. When I was in the Omay we ran into a herd of over 200 animals. After hearing about how scattered that they were there, it was a fantastic sight.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing, Thanks for the photos. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3406 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good deal...1000 buff is s good start to a recovery!

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, like I say when duck hunting, that is one hell of a flock a loners!!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I can smell them! Wink

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Hunting paradise; thanks for the great photos!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Someone like DSC would do well to support this success story. For the most wild Africa is collapsing but those who reclaim and rejuvenate should be rewarded or encouraged.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9982 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Andrew! tu2tu2

Posts: 1822 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
That is Amazing!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Someone like DSC would do well to support this success story. For the most wild Africa is collapsing but those who reclaim and rejuvenate should be rewarded or encouraged.

I agree Andrew.

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought this thread was going to be about Saeed's total number of buffalo kills.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pic, Andrew tu2

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Fantastic pics. Hope they inspire your son's paintings. Some of my best photos, in my opinion, are buffalo through the dust of a departing herd. Waiting to see his next painting.

Posts: 10371 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Amazing photos.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 812 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just because l may never be able to afford the cash or my own hide (should the Ratwife find out what l was planning) it still doesn't mean l can't dream..

I feel the same way to some extent.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

~Ann

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We were hunting in the Selous on a great consession with Saeed and his group, and hadn't seen a Buffalo in 3 maybe 4 days, and some complainging camp began..Saeed stepped in and graciously put a stop to the nay sayers, telling all if we went the whole hunt without seeing a buff then so be it, that was hunting..The next day we walked out on a point and a huge vuga ( grass covered valley) looked like black tics on a dog..the valley was simply covered with buffalo as far as the eye could see, the rest of the hunt was outstanding and we shot a lot of buffalo that year. I had seen a lot of buffalo in my life, but I think that was the most, I guessed over a thousand but really have no idea. The migrations up North is something to behold but Ive only seen that on TV. I suspect the pictures were in that area whan the buff come out of the park onto the Masai Mara.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote