THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    2x2 vs 1x1 why are the costs so close
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2x2 vs 1x1 why are the costs so close
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RCG:
This is my interpretation. Let's make it real simple so even Naki can follow.

For example there is a concession that has two buffalo on quota for the year. That means they can theoretically sell two complete 1x1 buffalo hunts for $15,000 a piece. Say 10 days at $1000/day plus a $5000 trophy. Forget the other dip/pack etc charges. So now comes along Naki and he says he wants to bring a buddy, if he has one, and they both want buffalo and they want to hunt 2 x 1. Well the PH/outfitter could have sold that second buffalo as another 1 x 1 hunt for $15,000 but he decides to cut the two guys a slight discount and charge the second guy $800/day and the full trophy fee of $5000. This would be $15,000 for one and an additional $13,000 for the second guy for a total of $28,000 for the 2 x 1 hunt versus $30,000 if he had 2 separate 1 x 1 hunts. Either way he is still not getting a tip from Naki.

Follow?

YEP!

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
RCG

It is very easy to insult and show disrespect.

It is hard for you to be honest it seems.

Did you not read the 5 hippo hunt example already discussed?

Please stick to the topic and not divert it and start attacking people.

Cal's original post also raised the issue of some specific deals & NOT the obvious limited quota hunts.

It seems it is pointless to expect honesty in such discussions.

quote:

For example there is a concession that has two buffalo on quota for the year. That means they can theoretically sell two complete 1x1 buffalo hunts for $15,000 a piece. Say 10 days at $1000/day plus a $5000 trophy. Forget the other dip/pack etc charges. So now comes along Naki and he says he wants to bring a buddy, if he has one, and they both want buffalo and they want to hunt 2 x 1. Well the PH/outfitter could have sold that second buffalo as another 1 x 1 hunt for $15,000 but he decides to cut the two guys a slight discount and charge the second guy $800/day and the full trophy fee of $5000. This would be $15,000 for one and an additional $13,000 for the second guy for a total of $28,000 for the 2 x 1 hunt versus $30,000 if he had 2 separate 1 x 1 hunts. Either way he is still not getting a tip from Naki.

Follow?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11195 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Naki, you are the master of disrespect and insults but I'll try to stay on track just for you.

Cal's hunt was for hippo. Hippo would be on quota pretty much everywhere so quota is a factor. Quota determines the number of animals and the number of hunts that could be sold, so my scenario is accurate.

Since you have never hunted Africa and can't seem to grasp the idea of paying for service, maybe Africa is not for you. Granted, some African hunting costs are high, charters for example, but I don't think 2x1 hunts are a rip off.

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It won't be long before PHs are required to post EVERYTHING that is included in their hunt offer, with each item with its price displayed.

Daily rate $ 1000

This includes:

Truck hire for up to 50 kilometers a day $200
PH hourly rate for 12 hours a day $200
8 bottles of drinking water $40
4 beers $40
Two sandwiches $20
3 meals $150
1 laundry $30
1 cup of rice $20
3 eggs $30
3 rashers of bacon $20
2 slices of cheese $50
1/2 a chicken if no game is shot $20
Game scout $80
Hunting license $100

Next we are going to have some clients making a note of the above, and at the end of the hunt, they are going to demand a reduction of the price because they did not use all their allowance as above!

Bloody hell!

The price is there, you do not like it, do not go.

A few days ago a friend of mine told me about him going to buy a pair of shoes.

He was recommended to go to a specific shop in one of our malls here.

He found a pair he really liked, until he was told the price!

In today's rate, it was $ 16,348!

He said he suddenly found out that he REALLY did not like that pair!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68645 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
So why did you not use Cal's point of reference and 5 hippos in that deal to discuss the matter? Why did you not respond to question whether the deal included trophy fees?

Your elitist claim that Africa is for rich guys like you is part of the sickness you spread.

BTW who told you that I have not hunted Africa? May be not DG, but I have hunted PG / small game. I have not hunted enough to make big claims like you do.

quote:
Naki, you are the master of disrespect and insults but I'll try to stay on track just for you.

Cal's hunt was for hippo. Hippo would be on quota pretty much everywhere so quota is a factor. Quota determines the number of animals and the number of hunts that could be sold, so my scenario is accurate.

Since you have never hunted Africa and can't seem to grasp the idea of paying for service, maybe Africa is not for you. Granted, some African hunting costs are high, charters for example, but I don't think 2x1 hunts are a rip off.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Saeed, once again you are not addressing the OP but changing the subject to affordability.

We all know you can afford a lot more than most others. That is not the point of discussion here.

The question is "Why is a 2X1 hunt almost the same price as a 1X1 hunt"?

You have still not answered that simple question.

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It won't be long before PHs are required to post EVERYTHING that is included in their hunt offer, with each item with its price displayed.

Daily rate $ 1000

This includes:

Truck hire for up to 50 kilometers a day $200
PH hourly rate for 12 hours a day $200
8 bottles of drinking water $40
4 beers $40
Two sandwiches $20
3 meals $150
1 laundry $30
1 cup of rice $20
3 eggs $30
3 rashers of bacon $20
2 slices of cheese $50
1/2 a chicken if no game is shot $20
Game scout $80
Hunting license $100

Next we are going to have some clients making a note of the above, and at the end of the hunt, they are going to demand a reduction of the price because they did not use all their allowance as above!

Bloody hell!

The price is there, you do not like it, do not go.

A few days ago a friend of mine told me about him going to buy a pair of shoes.

He was recommended to go to a specific shop in one of our malls here.

He found a pair he really liked, until he was told the price!

In today's rate, it was $ 16,348!

He said he suddenly found out that he REALLY did not like that pair!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Follow?

THIS IS THE ANSWER !!! killpc

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:

The question is "Why is a 2X1 hunt almost the same price as a 1X1 hunt"?

You have still not answered that simple question.

How many times does it have to be answered before you get it Naki?

The price for a buffalo is X amount of dollar which is expressed as a combination of daily rates and trophy fees. It's NOT just the trophy fee on an additional animal. So if the price of a buffalo hunt is say, $15,000, expressed as $10,000 in daily rates and $5,000 in trophy fees, the price for a buffalo hunt is simply $15,000.

So adding a second buffalo, even using the same PH, is still another $15,000 as that's what the market would bear.

In other words, the outfitter can sell that second buffalo hunt for another $15,000. Using one PH to take that second buffalo saves a little money so the outfitter passes on a little of that savings to the hunters in the form of a slightly reduced daily rate.

But the value of that second buffalo hunt remains $15,000 as he could sell it for that.

You're getting hung up in the semantics of part of the price being expressed in daily rates and part in trophy fees. The fact is the TOTAL price for that second animal is still $15,000, same as the first buffalo. Your getting a little discount. If it's enough of a discount to be of value, book the hunt. If not, don't.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Tod mate you are a reasonable man.

The original post was about an example of 5 hippos. THAT was the question.

The buffalo example or cats or elephants, I get it. Not a problem. Those are hunts that sell 1X1 & why would you take a loss on 2X1? No problem what so ever.

When you have a deal of 5 Hippos, something is not right. Hence also questions about PG.

Hence my repeated reference to the first post by Cal.

Everyone seems to be missing that point and going around in circles with hard work, blah blah and then some personal insults.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naki:

Taken directly from Cal's opening line:

"Why are most 2x1 hunt prices so close to a 1x1 hunt price?"

It makes not an iota of a difference if it is related to Hippos, Camels or Kangaroos.

In this particular instance the 5 Hippos are very likely to be related to a cull of the same.

Posts: 2031 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gents:
A second question I have for your consideration. Why are most 2x1 hunt prices so close to a 1x1 hunt price? I've wondred about this for years but a recent ad for a Zambia hippo hunt brought it to my attention again.

5 hippos for a 1x1 price of 14,000 USD, Umlilo Safaris.
The same hunt for 2x1 is 13,000 USD each
(I'm not picking on Umlilo, it was just their ad I noticed--many if not most hunts are priced such as this).

It seems to me when one hunts 2x1 mathematically one's hunt time is halved. Why would anyone do so when they could pay the additional $1000 and double their hunt time?

As always, just curious and I value the opinions of most of you gentlemen here.
Cal

Naki,

There appears to be some confusion over the terms of Cal's post above. I believe you are reading this as 5 hippos that one hunter can take for $14,000 but the SAME 5 hippos for $13,000 each if done 2x1.

I read it differently. I read it as 1x1, 5 hippos for $14,000 and the same hunt for ANOTHER 5 hippos 2x1 for $13,000 each. Total of 10 hippos for the 2x1 offer.

This follows the same line of reasoning I gave on the theoretical $15,000 buffalo hunts 1x1 vs 2x1.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would agree that the little bit decrease in price for a 2x1 doesn’t seem to make sense. Certainly I don’t see the marginal value in the little bit of savings vs the decrease in opportunity, but that is up to the individual to decide on. Frankly, it would require an about 50% per hunter discount for me to think 2x1 would be worth my time.

Looking at it logically from a costs perspective the price makes no sense. From a market perspective, it must or they would not be offered, and apparently they sell at this or close to it prices. Thus, this is the price...don’t like it, negotiate with the company. Maybe they will see it your way, but I doubt it...

Posts: 10977 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Tod

You are the only one here with the brains to figure out the real issue! Wink

I have no argument with that logic.

The OP logic was 5 hippos shared by 2 hunters ( "5 hippos for a 1x1 price of 14,000 USD, Umlilo Safaris. The same hunt for 2x1 is 13,000 USD each" )

Hence my persistence on this matter.

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gents:
A second question I have for your consideration. Why are most 2x1 hunt prices so close to a 1x1 hunt price? I've wondred about this for years but a recent ad for a Zambia hippo hunt brought it to my attention again.

5 hippos for a 1x1 price of 14,000 USD, Umlilo Safaris.
The same hunt for 2x1 is 13,000 USD each
(I'm not picking on Umlilo, it was just their ad I noticed--many if not most hunts are priced such as this).

It seems to me when one hunts 2x1 mathematically one's hunt time is halved. Why would anyone do so when they could pay the additional $1000 and double their hunt time?

As always, just curious and I value the opinions of most of you gentlemen here.
Cal

Naki,

There appears to be some confusion over the terms of Cal's post above. I believe you are reading this as 5 hippos that one hunter can take for $14,000 but the SAME 5 hippos for $13,000 each if done 2x1.

I read it differently. I read it as 1x1, 5 hippos for $14,000 and the same hunt for ANOTHER 5 hippos 2x1 for $13,000 each. Total of 10 hippos for the 2x1 offer.

This follows the same line of reasoning I gave on the theoretical $15,000 buffalo hunts 1x1 vs 2x1.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The OP logic was 5 hippos shared by 2 hunters ( "5 hippos for a 1x1 price of 14,000 USD, Umlilo Safaris. The same hunt for 2x1 is 13,000 USD each" )

Quite frankly I don't think you will see an offer of this kind appearing very often for that price.

The outfitter obviously has to get rid of 5 Hippos from the pod and he could do so in different ways and end up making even more money.

He has chosen to propose 2 differing configurations giving 2 persons the privilege of shooting more than 2 Hippos apiece.

What would you say if he sold them piece by piece @ $6,000 - deal or no deal?

Posts: 2031 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Quite frankly I don't think you will see an offer of this kind appearing very often for that price.

The outfitter obviously has to get rid of 5 Hippos from the pod and he could do so in different ways and end up making even more money.

He has chosen to propose 2 differing configurations giving 2 persons the privilege of shooting more than 2 Hippos apiece.

I suppose more clarification from the outfitter is necessary but I don't believe that is the deal being offered here.

I believe he is offering a 5 hippo hunt for $14,000. And if two people want to do the same hunt, for 5 hippos each, 2x1, he will discount the total for 10 hippos from $28,000 to $26,000, which is $13,000 each.

The hunt offer is not exactly clear.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
30 seconds of google found the actual advert. It is 5 hippos EACH hunter.

I think Cal inadvertently paraphrased that part out of his post.

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams(Quote)

I suppose more clarification from the outfitter is necessary but I don't believe that is the deal being offered here.

I believe he is offering a 5 hippo hunt for $14,000. And if two people want to do the same hunt, for 5 hippos each, 2x1, he will discount the total for 10 hippos from $28,000 to $26,000, which is $13,000 each.

Thanks for the clarification sir, the voice of experience, patience and no insults win through. tu2

Interesting thread for those of us who have not been to Africa. jc

posted 05 June 2018 16:23 Hide Post
30 seconds of google found the actual advert. It is 5 hippos EACH hunter.

I think Cal inadvertently paraphrased that part out of his post.

Posts: 213 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013 Reply With Quote

tu2 jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Nothing has been clear about that offer. Like for instance only Zambian registered safari operators can sell safaris and only fully endorsed Zambian registered PHs can conduct hunts. And how does a South African company get involved and why was the cull not put out to tender etc

The Government has reduced the cull from 2,000 to 250 and there is currently an investigation into this nonsense. Not the cull as such but what has gone on behind closed doors.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote