Find
Notify
Tools

Africa - affordable hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Anyone planning a hunt in Africa should visit the web site of the T. Jeffrey Hunting

http://www.tjsafari.com

The hunts offered are unbeatable in terms of price, game offered, lodging and dining facilities. I have hunted Africa five times and will use this company next time. I am also impressed by the hunts offered in Namibia and that will be my next destination.

Let me know your thoughts after you peruse the site.

billinthewild@msn.com

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
BillInTheWild

As a Hunting Outfitter that really tries to offer affordable hunting I was most anxious to see the offer of T. Jeffrey Hunting. Sort of "know your competition". My browser does not find the page on the link that you have provided.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
BITW,

It is my understanding that this Booking Agent is brand new. Have you had any experience with this Booking Agent? Why do you recommend them?

Here's a correct link the website: T. Jeffrey Safari

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Sorry about my mistake. It is.....

http://www.tjsafari.com

quote:
Originally posted by Verewaaier:
BillInTheWild

As a Hunting Outfitter that really tries to offer affordable hunting I was most anxious to see the offer of T. Jeffrey Hunting. Sort of "know your competition". My browser does not find the page on the link that you have provided.

Andrew McLaren

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I recommend him for several reasons.

I know him personally and know him to be honest, honorable, and competent. He ventured to South Africa and Namibia and met and hunted, with those he is representing, so that he could make offerings based upon his personal experience.

BB

quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:
BITW,

It is my understanding that this Booking Agent is brand new. Have you had any experience with this Booking Agent? Why do you recommend them?

Here's a correct link the website: T. Jeffrey Safari

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting, two threads with references about the same booking agent, T. Jeffery Safari. Nice references, nice site, but unbeatable prices for Namibia? $350 per day + trophy fees (not interested in a package, sorry been there, done that). I hunted at $250 per day + comparable fees and had a totally satisfactory hunt. I find day rates with a little research as low as $150 with again comparable trophy fees. Just an observation.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know him personally and know him to be honest, honorable, and competent. He ventured to South Africa and Namibia and met and hunted, with those he is representing, so that he could make offerings based upon his personal experience.

But no first hand experience of using him as a booking agent or hunting on any of the properties he is promoting?

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Not as yet, but I will not hesitate when next I head south.

quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:
quote:

But no first hand experience of using him as a booking agent or hunting on any of the properties he is promoting?

Regards,

Terry

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Interesting:
Another post under "Cabelas South Africa and Namibia PHs", shilling the same outfit. One guy has 2 post and the other has 11. One guy from Pinetop AZ., the other from Tucson AZ.
I agree with HunterMontana, you can certainly beat the prices with a little research.
If you guys want to peddle hunts here, you might want to do a bit of "foreplay" first. Cool

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THIS I call affordable:

Daily Fee R 1.800,00
Non-hunter Free

Hunting Licence R 170,00

Eland R 8.000,00
Oryx 4.000,00
Red Hartebeest 5.000,00
Black Wildebeest 6.000,00
Bontebock 6.000,00
Springbock 1.000,00
Eland 4.000,00 Female
Blue Wildebeest 2.000,00 Female

HUNTING ONE HOUR FROM CAPE TOWN
http://www.kapstadt.de/lemberg

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Prices can vary in any country. Usually the agent has no input in prices. I don't add to mine, I advertise what the outfitter offers.

For those looking I have excellent Namibian hunts starting at $245 per day 1X1 and $200 per day 2X1. Not the cheapest probably, but very good hunting.

One thing you also might consider when booking a hunt. The 'cheap' ones may be for representative heads. That means when you are hunting and you come upon two kudu bulls and one measures 63 inches and the other is a 50 incher, guess which one you'll have to pass on?

As it is, Namibia is a relative bargain. My outfitter there has taken kudu to 65 inches. Yep, those are rare, so be realistic on your goals.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Where do you see the hunting part. All I saw was a wine site.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where do you see the hunting part. All I saw was a wine site.

You are welcome to contact us.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To all,

My agency is new.

I don't hide that at all. I will tell you that I have thoroughly researched each outfitter I represent. Each one of them has years of experience in their respective countries.

I hunted with most of them and met with, and toured the operations of the ones I didn't have a chance to hunt with...yet. I would not send someone someplace that I have not been before.

My package prices are excellent. When you compare them to any reputable outfitter or agent. They are not the cheapest packages, but they are a very good value. I know that for certain. I could have set up cheaper packages with outfitters that were not up to my standards, but refused to work with them.

The daily rates and trophy fees posted on my site are exactly as they were given to me by the outfitters. When you compare them to most outfitters in their respective areas they are average. The packages are definitley a better value. But may not be for every hunter.

My friend billinthewild was just letting folks know his opinion of my company and the value he felt I offer. He did not hide that.

I have been a member here for a number of years as trathner. Mostly reading other posts, and posting on occassion. I changed my username because I just launched the business and I certainly want folks to know it exists.

I hope TJ whose initials I admire, is not implying that I am trying to deceive anyone. I am just letting folks know what I offer.

My friend billinthewild was just trying to do the same. He has been to Africa numerous times (and hunted all over the world) and thinks my prices are good.

Look at my prices,compare them, talk to me, and see if I am the agent for you.

By the way, I can tell you that as a new agent I need to make sure my clients are VERY happy. Or I won't last very long. I have a great motivation to make sure my clients have a great time on my hunts.

Anybody from AR who wants to chat about guns, hunting or whatever come by my booth at SCI #1534 and I'll buy the coffee.

Cheers!

Todd

==============
Todd J. Rathner
The T. Jeffrey Safari Company
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

Please visit our BLOG: http://www.tjsafari.com/blog.cfm

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Sunshine,

Those prices are "affordable", but in-line with about 85% of what other operators are charging.

billinthewind,

I looked- a few of those packages are downright expensive and are beatable by a country mile in some cases. They are probably competitive compared to high-end established agencies. The world is changing- I can go on the internet or fly down to a convention and meet and book with any of those same outfitters directly, often at lesser rates. Package hunts are usually just another way to up the fees.

Usually, people with first-hand experience using the services of the outfitter or agent post recommendations here. You are hardly unbiased.

Cheers,
CL

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJR:
To all,

My agency is new...

Welcome to the forum.

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Todd:
My post was not meant to imply that you were "deceiving' anyone. You are selling hunts in Africa, just like a lot of other folks. I just found it a bit odd that your first few posts were an advertisement for your business.
I'd say your prices are about average.
Good luck.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks TJ. I appreciate your response.

Todd

==============
Todd J. Rathner
The T. Jeffrey Safari Company
www.tjsafari.com
520-404-8096

Please visit our BLOG: http://www.tjsafari.com/blog.cfm

Posts: 341 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote