THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    USA to assist in Anti-Poaching in TZ

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USA to assist in Anti-Poaching in TZ
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
US to support Tanzania in war against poaching
By Correspondent
15th October 2012

Following an increase in poaching problems in Tanzania recently, United States of America has assured Tanzania of its full support on war against poaching.......
“US has a responsibility of fostering cordial relationship with Tanzania so as to ensure sustainability of natural resources in the country,” said Secretary Hayes........
Ambassador Kagasheki said that the requested support from US includes technical assistance by providing some expertise on the suppliers of best intelligence surveillance devices and skills as well as coming up with new approaches and strategies to tackle the existing organized poaching crimes.............
Minister Kagasheki and his delegation had earlier visited and held discussions with the officials from the United States Fish and Wildlife Service; Council on Environmental
Quality from the Department of Environment; National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and the United States Senate Committee on Appropriations whereby the threat of poaching as an organized crime was discussed as a threat to conservation sector in the country and the way forward was reached for consensus.

SCI not involved? Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This sounds on the surface as very good news. I wonder what form and what level of involvement it will actually take?

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Probably going to get all the members of AR African Hunting and drop them shoulder to shoulder in Tan. to shoot poachers with their doubles .... beer

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bring on the Marines patriot

What better training ground for soldiers than to immerse themselves in the bush going after former Rwandese rebels poaching ivory?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwanamich,i think i might need some in burigi and Kimisi GR. we need cowboys to heard these cattle on horseback, our cruisers and landis are a handfull.

Posts: 28 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 21 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
...we need cowboys to heard these cattle on horseback...

Now that would be a sight to see!

~Ann

Posts: 19559 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
US to support Tanzania in war against poaching
By Correspondent
15th October 2012

SCI not involved? Confused

HUH!!?? bewildered bewildered Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Mambatz,
If you provide the hunting while I am there, I'll bring my saddle, bridle, and rope. YOU, though, get to do the branding. Big Grin I'm getting a little too old for that. rotflmo

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote