Find
Notify
Tools

Transit Thru Dubai??
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
To Saeed or others Experienced transit from US to Africa-

We have a direct flight from SEATTLE to Dubai but it arrives to late to connect to Lusaka so overnight is required.
Is there a hotel in/connected to the Dubai airport terminal, or do you have to leave the airport...come back, security and all?

It is a 9AM departure following day so short turn around.

If one must leave any suggestions for hotels close by would be appreciated. I do NOT expect to be carrying guns and I think I can check my luggage right through.

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Typically Emirates puts you up at a hotel near the airport. It is offsite but close. A shuttle bus runs between the airport and the hotel. Luggage (including rifles) is checked straight through to the final destination. You do not claim any bags so need to have a change of clothes in your carry on. You clear immigration before going to the hotel, but with no luggage you do not clear customs.

Mike

Posts: 21662 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep that is the drill . The hotel is nice food excellent .hot shower. Fairly long walk to where the buss picks you up good directions provided . Hotel will get you there in plenty of time for your next flight . Need to have your meds and overnight stuff in carry on . Your checked luggage will be checked through including gun if you are traveling with one .Been that rout 4 times much better than going through Joe burg

quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Typically Emirates puts you up at a hotel near the airport. It is offsite but close. A shuttle bus runs between the airport and the hotel. Luggage (including rifles) is checked straight through to the final destination. You do not claim any bags so need to have a change of clothes in your carry on. You clear immigration before going to the hotel, but with no luggage you do not clear customs.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Millennium Hotel by the airport is very nice. Within walking distance if you don't have a lot of gear. If you have to take a taxi, flag-falls from the airport are steep and I walked across to the New Millenium and got one there. Capitol Hotel downtown is nice too. Used to be a South African pub upstairs.