Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Keith Boehme -News
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted
I never met Keith, but my heart goes out to him.

He's got some good passengers, too.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prayers and good wishes to him and his passengers.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
To a speedy recovery.

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. I hunted with Keith on my first trip to Africa. Hadn't heard of him for a long time.

Hope he pulls out of this in good shape.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My hunting partner who is a physician talked to the attending in RSA and Keith is in critical but stabile condition as of Saturday evening. His burns are mostly 2nd degree and his evaluation is at this point good. He has muliple compound fractures of his legs and one ankle is about destroyed.
Things are looking more positive but long recovery is in store. He won't be flying any us any time soon.
Yes, indeed, if it weren't for his passengers he would still be there like Denys Finch-Hatten.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that some of the members have hunted with Keith -or flown with him. He was forced to do an emergency landing in Kwazulu Natal on Friday. He had an engine failure in flight which resulted in a fire in flight. The passengers escaped with burns to their hands and faces but Keith was trapped in the plane. The passengers pulled him out.
He has extensive burns and multiple fractures of facial bones and legs. He is in the burn unit at Union Hospital in Joberg.
His family would appreciate your prayers and good wishes.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote