THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Best PH or company in the Limpopo area

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best PH or company in the Limpopo area
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, due to some commission money that will be coming to me this next winter, it looks like I can FINALLY get serious about planning a plains game safari for late June/early July of 2006[also that is when my buddy said he could go]. I have been looking at all the countries, have looked up different operations on the net, etc. I think I have decided on the Northern Province/Limpopo area, for a couple of reasons. The terrain, and thicker bush, and because I would really like to get a bushbuck, and secondly a bushpig[if possible]. The remainder of the game I would like to get in no particular order are; warthog, zebra, wildebeast, impala, and gemsbok[maybe a waterbuck if funds hold out]. No carmello jokes, but I am going to take my .45-70 guide gun, and basically want 50 to 150 yd. shots. I'll probably use factory loads PMC+Ps with the 350 gr. hornandy flat nose bullets. I have a 1-4x leupold shotgun scope withe the heavy reticles mounted on top.

Now for my question. I have looked at both Numzaan Safaris, and Gary Kelly, but whom else would you guys reccomend that I look at in these early stages? I am not looking for "record book" heads, just good mature specimens, of the species. I don't think I want to book a package hunt, but pay the daily rate, and "take er as it comes" so to speak. I am really into it for the total experience, as well as the hunting. I want this to be an adventure, and a FUN trip for both of us. I am shooting for 10 days of ACTUAL hunting[hell, if I'm flying that far and have to put up with the airbus, I don't want it over with too quick ]. I want to try to hold the whole thing to $10,000, back door to back door[excluding taxidermy]. So any suggestions, besides the two mentioned, would be most welcome. Thanks.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I can certainly make a recommendation, I have PM'd you with contact details.

Posts: 19225 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog,

Check out http://www.mabelingwane.com/ I've hunted with them twice (in 2000 and in 2002). They are also part of http://www.gametrackersafrica.com/ Corrie Venter, with Mabelingwane, posts here on AR under the user name of "Mabelingwane".

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM me if you need a reference for Garry.

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a great time at Uhuru Safaris. Everything was first class. If I can ever figure out how to post pics I will be able to show some of what I took including my 5.5 inch Duiker ....

Posts: 318 | Location: People's Republic of New York | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
"On your Marks!"
"Get Set!"
"GO!"
And all the hunting outfitters operating in Limpopo and Northwest post or send you PM's offering their companies as the best.
Also each hunter who had a good trip, and thankfully that is the overwhelming majority, send the name of the outfitter they used.
This is going to be an interesting marathon to watch and then to see who the eventual winner is.

But on a serious note: Congratulations on deciding South Africa and two of the provinces with the greatest species diversity. You really need a slap on the back for selecting a sensible trophy list. All of your selection occur in both of the provinces naturally and you will not be hunting animals artificially introduced into an area where they never occurred.

Good luck with the planning and very difficult selection.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Numzaan Safaris this April and will absolutely be returning to hunt with them again. Waterbuck and bushbuck being my priority next time as well as sharing the trip with my father. Beautiful camp, great food and a a wonderful family.

Posts: 1492 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
You gotta check out www.huntingadventures.net (JJHACK) and his affiliate www.landelani.co.za

Pictures of my hunt there with Don G in 2002 are posted on the hunting section of this site. It was a great trip!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You should really contact my friend and PH colleque Tony Rathbone in Louis Trichardt, owner of Field & Stream Taxidermy. HE knows something about bushbuck and bushpig. tony_f-s@mweb.co.za

www.kapstadt.de/lemberg
Hunting one hour from Cape Town

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
Since you're interested in bushbuck, my hunting buddy took the SCI #1 Limpopo bushbuck (just shy of 21") with my PH: Schalk van Heerden of Bush Africa Safaris, based up there. Their web site is:

Bush Africa Safaris Web Site

If you click on the "Foto Gallery" button and scroll down, my friend and his bushbuck are in the 11th picture. Looks like a miniature nyala.

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote