THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Ref�s for Namibian outfitters!!!!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ref�s for Namibian outfitters!!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Silence is not a good thing.

Try Okatjuru, they have been in business longer than all of this group put together, see our site for an overview.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vaughan Fulton who post here has been highly recommended by many posters. I leave Sunday to hunt with him.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you contact MAKADI SAFARIS (Katja and Diethelm Metzger)?
It's impossible to go wrong with them. Difficult to imagine that there is a better outfitter in Namibia
kamab@iafrica.com.na or
johnbdds@aol.com (US agent)
www.makadisafaris.com

www.kapstadt.de/lemberg
Hunting one hour from Cape Town

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Cewe,

Have you tried the NAPHA web site for references?

Namibia has three classes of hunting licenses for outfitters/PHs, ranging from someone who can hunt on their own farm to a fully-qualified PH. Prices range accordingly.

I book for two of the latter, Jan Oelofse and John Wambach. They are among the best in Namibia. I also know Vaughan Fulton from the days when he was a PH for Jan -- he is a good PH and those hunting with him and reporting here had good hunts.

There are other really excellent operations in Namibia, I know some of them. I don't happen to know these people you are asking about, but there are a lot of operations hunting there.

My wife have booked a pair of hunts in '05 with Jan and John, we love Namibia. Of course we love Africa too!

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cewe

I am in the same boat, Erongo looked good. but the best offer I have received was from Uhlenhorst hunting safaris.
I am not looking for a 3-4 star lodging. Just hunting true "wild" animals. I will email you some of the best offers I have received if you like.

Robert johnson at jjohnson@alaska.net

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on guys I need your experience!

Has anyone hunted with any of the following:

Erongo Lodge, Kataneno bindings, Van Heerden Safaris or Sunshine safaris.

I�ve received good offers from them all and am trying to make up my mind which one to choose!

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote