THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Which is better to attend the Dallas Safari Club or SCI Show in Nashville
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which is better to attend the Dallas Safari Club or SCI Show in Nashville
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If you were to pick one this coming year to go to which one Dallas Safari Club or SCI in Tennessee ?

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For me, it would be DSC. More casual, not quite as rushed.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1113 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
DSC, though Nashville is appealing, I would still chose Dallas.

Posts: 794 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nashville sounds fun, but we’re doing DSC.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If yoy can, compare the costs to attend, if that's a consideration.
I found DSC less costly but either show is fabulous.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done both a a number of times. I prefer the more hunter-friendly atmosphere of the Dallas show.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The dates may be a factor.

I know we can’t make SCI, which is late in February, as we will be hunting in Cameroon.

When is Dallas?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Dallas is the best club and their show is great.

That said…you really cannot beat Nashville as a convention destination. The Nashville SCI Convention will likely be great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
If yoy can, compare the costs to attend, if that's a consideration.
I found DSC less costly but either show is fabulous.

Hunting related sadly nothing is cheap anymore.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think the DSC show is too soon after the holiday . Both are worth going to .

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari Specialty Importers
posted Hide Post
We'll be attending DSC as part of the DSC 100 Volunteers. We look forward to hosting everyone in Nashville as well!

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 25 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Dallas is the best club and their show is great.

That said…you really cannot beat Nashville as a convention destination. The Nashville SCI Convention will likely be great!

Most Hotel Rooms are already booked there. Will be a interesting New Show destination for sure.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love DSC but driving to Nashville this year.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
DSC is January 5-8.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Without question Dallas

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Usually I'd pick Dallas, but Nashville is 2 hours away. So, both for me in 2023.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Neither for me. But, if I did choose one to attend this year it would likely be Dallas.

One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
DSC for me, but then I live here.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nashville for me. 90 minute drive.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Nashville, 30 minutes for me.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Neither. Been so many times to both that I’d rather save the money and spend it on a hunting trip………

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize that Dallas was so early in January. Thanks, Bill.

I like to see my old friends - at least those who are still kicking and hunting.

But I usually choose SCI, and although Dallas is the only option for me this year, it's really too early after New Year's Day.

Sad to say, I think I will have to miss it.

Too much work piles up during the holidays and needs attention just then.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Go to both if you can.

Hunting shows are good fun.

Been to quite a few, here and abroad, and always enjoyed them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dallas is the best IMO, basing that on a lot of years..and its affordable for all..Vegas and Reno has always been about money..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I much prefer Dallas, but doing Nashville this year as the wives want to go do Nashville instead this year. Dallas is always too close to the holidays for us as well. Only make it there every other year or so.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
I preferred DSC even though Nashville is closer. I heard all the Convention hotels are sold out and the ones outside are expensive.

I do think it is a good idea to try Nashville. Hopefully, Nashville will draw in some new customers for everyone that hasn't been able to make it to Reno or Vegas.

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Go to both if you can.

Absolutly

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best is a subjective term. What is important to you? Timing? Cost? Ease of travel ? Other things ?

We try to go to both . Both are worth going to. I missed DSC last year due to having pneumonia. We did go to SCI.

We are going to both this year .

I believe SCI is larger .

It will be interesting to see how SCI goes next year in Nashville. I have been going for many years . Always in Vegas or Reno.

I wish DSC was not so close to the holidays .

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be attending SCI. This will be my third convention and her first. We've discussed doing Dallas, as well, but too much booked for Q1 next year already.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
What I like about DSC: (1) Cheaper to attend (2) first show, better booking dates available.

What I don't like about DSC, (1) last weekend of Texas deer season (2) not as big as SCI.

Posts: 770 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the cost of the Nashville SCI. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the number of days and any events one chooses to attend .

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phurley5:
What is the cost of the Nashville SCI. Good Shooting.

Depending on how many days you attend but in general, about 4-5 times as expensive if you attend each for 4 days.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I've never been to either show. What all is there besides guides/outfitters/PHs selling hunts?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You name it, it is there. Guns, ammo, knives , clothing of all sorts, furs, vehicles , jewelry , furniture, wine, and about anything else one can think of .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I've never been to either show. What all is there besides guides/outfitters/PHs selling hunts?

Every hunter needs to attend at least once. It will amaze you as to what is on display. From taxidermy to Holland & Holland showing off doubles costing up to $300k. Latest in optics, most firearm manufacturers showing off their products. List goes on and on. Taking the wife this year. She will love it, just have to trick her to avoid seeing the jewelry boothsSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:

Bill, about all I can say is that these shows are like incredibly expensive candy stores for very rich kids.

I love them, and the only thing that has ever kept me away was bad timing and the difficulty of getting away and the hassle of getting there and back.

If you go, you should probably leave your check book and all credit cards behind and even then bring your accountant.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I’ll being in Mexico hunting during DSC. Try to never miss the SCI convention - looking forward to seeing how it goes in Nashville.

The show always end up costing me at least $10K LOL!

Larry - Look forward to seeing you in Nashville!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See you there Scott.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

There are always unanticipated costs, especially if you take the wife.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote