Find
Notify
Tools

Vic Falls Fishing?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi
I will be in Vic Falls in October 2014 with the family and would like to take them fishing.
Has anyone a recomendation for fishing guides or camps in the Vic Falls area?
Many thanks
Stu

One of Us
Picture of editor-ant
posted Hide Post
Hi Stu

Although Russell Caldecott no longer operates boats/guides of his own, he can arrange a booking for you. Smaller boats are the norm on the river when heading up stream, so depending on your family size, this could get expensive. If not "serious" fishing, you might consider one of the pontoon-style boats which are very comfortable for a family outing, and still provide a usable fishing platform.

Things always seem to change quite rapidly in the Falls - typical tourist town - but if you like, nearer the time drop me a PM and I will get some firm details for you.

Ant Williams

African Hunter Magazine African Fisherman Magazine

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ant

Many thanks.

Have you any feed back on Pioneers Camp in the Vic Falls NP?

Cheers
Stu

One of Us
Picture of editor-ant
posted Hide Post
Hi Stu

I have not been to Pioneers, but have heard of it. I checked with a friend who lives (and used to guide on the river) in the Falls, and he says it is a very nice place run by Mike and Franci who are known to him. Good folk he says. Pioneers web site is here:-http://live.trackalytic.com/servlet/link/64528/296761/68439297/1669461

He also suggests having a look at the Victoria Falls River Lodge... also located in the Park. It is a little more up-market but he says a good place and closer to the main town should you want to get around and do some site seeing. Depends what you and the family are looking for. Their web site is at http://victoriafallsriverlodge.com.

Feel free to shout me as your search continues.

Ant.

Ant Williams

African Hunter Magazine African Fisherman Magazine

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ant
Many thanks
Pioneers has an all inclusive package where as the other guys, while a lot nicer looking accom dont have the all inclusive and are more $
i will let you know how things pan out
Cheers
Stu