New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a picture
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Does anyone have a picture of a Safari fire pit/Place? I want to build a similar thing at my place and would like to get a few ideas.

Many thanks

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Every camp I have been had a different fire pit, so why don't you make one that suits you.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Not all that difficult. You dig a round dish shaped hole and line it with cement.

I live in a much wetter enviorment than you do in OZ so I think if I ever build one I do it
with a drain in the bottom so it dosent become a pond!!

Search around hunting safari outfitters web sites. Most have pictures of the camp with the fire pit.

Good Luck

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I do have some ideas (thought about the drain already) But seeing some different ones may help me combine some good features. It would be an expensive lesson if I build one and it just "doesn't work". I'd also like to add some post to it to attach a spit.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lhanson8
posted Hide Post
The fire pit in the camp we were last May.

Elaborate, but good to reduce the risk of starting a wild fire.

Posts: 82 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
/

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Perfect thanks guys.
Thanks Alf, you've given me somethings to think about. beer