New
Find
Notify
Tools

finally getting the opportunity
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been off and on this forum for a couple of yearsslowly putting away the funds and information to be able to go accross the posd. The hope was to be able to go with my best friend who got me started in this and my father-in-law. This past June my father-in-law who was serving in Afghanistan and was to retire this December was killed. My wife has told me in no uncertain terms "you are going to take that hunt next year". The hunt will now be me and my friend. We will be hunting with a PH he has been over with 3 times in the past.

I seem to remember SA was changing some of their gun laws that was going to require additionsal marking on firearms or some type of different temporary registration. What ever came of that, and what is required as far a firearms go at this point.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Rhys,

Go to the African hunt report forum Terry Carr has a list of changes for guns import to RSA...

Proud to be an American and thank God for our soldiers... salute

Mike

6 days till the Selous thumb

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Rhys,
Also contact your ph, he will be able to give you all the latest information.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By all means discuss this with your PH/Outfitter. There are documents he has to see to as well so I'm sure he will make sure it's taken care of. Haven't been back since last April but licensing went very smooth then and I understand its even easier now - provided you have the right documents! Moreover though, GO!!!! Go as soon, as long and as often as you can afford... and re-examine affordability. As evidenced by the unfortunate death of your dad-in-law, sometimes waiting is more expensive than making time. Someone here (I don't know who) uses the line; "you can borrow money but you can't borrow time!" Truer words were never spoken. Good Luck my friend!

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote