New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cities 1 animals
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was recently informed that I was not allowed to have shipped Rino, leopard and or cheetah back to Canada?

Is this true??

Thanks

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know as of 2 or 3 years ago you could bring in Cheetah, and I am assuming Leopard.

Of course a new Prime Minister with a far left bent may be behind new changes. For reference check out USFWS recent elephant and Lion changes.

I hope you find some definitive information either way. I am curious.

DSC
SCI Life
NRA Life
WSF Life <1 Club

Posts: 177 | Location: Bitterroot Valley, MT | Registered: 02 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Visit the CITES Canada website.There you should find the answer to your question.See if the specific animal or species is CITES 1 or 2.The animal may be CITES 2 in some African countries and CITES 1 in others.If it is CITES 1 you will have to apply for an import permit and the exporting country will have to apply for an exporting permit.Your application for an import permit will require that export permit-so you need the CITES export permit first.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
AR Man who told you this? Sounds like bullshit.
We have always been able to ship anything back allowed by CITES.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1819 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote