Find
Notify
Tools

Double tusk warthog?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Everyone,

I guided a client who shot this unusuall warthog with me a few years ago. Just wandering if any of you have seen/shot a similar hog.

Regards

Murray

Posts: 90 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanz2007
posted Hide Post
No...but why are you shooting baby warthogs Big Grin

Posts: 171 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Settlers that is one cool pig, I have hunted a few pigs and seen a lot of them , but Never one like that. Young or old , I would shoot that one as fast as possible
Thanks for the photo

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
AR member Ann shot a similar one some years ago..

She posted the picture here.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanz2007:

It is a female as well, but I would have shot it in heartbeat! That would make a very interesting mount for sure. However, you would have to frame that picture and mount it beside the mount. Otherwise you would be accused of fakeing a mount. Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No...but why are you shooting baby warthogs

Would'nt you shoot this trophy????? Not about the inches man, about the experience! bewildered

Posts: 90 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I shot a large sow in KZN like that a few years ago. Very neat trophy if you ask me! Here's a couple of pics of mine:

~Ann

Posts: 19245 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking example of the different things that moother nature has in store for us in RSA.
Thanks Murray for guiding me to mine this past season. I should be getting the "official score" on him soon.
P.S. I named him Murray after you!

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
One of my primary reasons for hunting in Africa is having the joy of eating what I shoot. Of course, I could go to the meat market here at home and get the best Kobe beef... or Omaha steaks, or whatever... but a big part of my Africa experience is enjoying a wonderful dinner of game that I have taken.

Usually, females are more tender than males, younger is more tender than older.. and if legal and the game authorities have a good pulse on what's going one, I'm going to occasionally shoot something that's fun to hunt, good to eat and damn the cost if a buck or two is burning a hole in my pocket.

To me, tenderloin medalions of warthog, brochette with onions, peppers and veggies, cooked on the grill with a mustard and maple syrup baste (I bring the Maine nectar of the gods) is about the best thing going... and if the deceased lady has double tusks, more power to her, me and my stomach!

JMHO.

Ann, my fishing buddy... good to hear from you. Let's do it again! Hey, though... that hog you killed kinda looked like my second wife after she gained some weight. Do I owe you a favor?

Tanz2007:

Here's a small Tanzanian warthog that I took for the table, sorry, but I tried to find a grown one, but my belly called me:

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Interesting pig with two sets of tusks like that!

One of Us
Picture of tanz2007
posted Hide Post
quote:

Guess no one else saw the humor in that. Nothing like telling a joke and you are the only one laughing. Oh well. It is a neat trophy for sure.

Posts: 171 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Guess no one else saw the humor in that. Nothing like telling a joke and you are the only one laughing. Oh well. It is a neat trophy for sure.

I laughed.. Just didn't post it.. Big Grin Well I did now.. Smiler

Nice and interesting warthogs! I would definatly raise my rifle for such a hog..

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
JudgeG, you must have chewed and chewed some more on that beggar. Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I knew a kid in the 3rd grade that had teeth like that. Eeker

Atypical animals often make nice trophies. Congrats to your client.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'da shot it and ett some BBQ ribs! Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 24 January 2010 18:27 Hide Post
No...but why are you shooting baby warthogs

So I would have something to put next to the onions and potatoes...
You got a chuckle out of me

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote