Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Valued Guests

Some more pics from the BIG GROUPS hunt /

PH Dene Bird with girlfriend Jo-Anne whom is a SA PH

PH DEne with client

Another view of Livingstone Eland

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Peter, your going to make me call and cancel all the stuff for next year. That's not fair red stags screaming their heads are really important.

Damn nice eland. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
What month was that eland shot, love that cape!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
The hunt has just been completed, Dene's mother Jessie (my sister in law) has just returned back to South Africa from the ranch and sent me the pics. She went up to Zambia to assist as it was a very BIG GROUP whom visited.

More pictures of the camp to foll;ow soon /// sorry to keep posting pictures as I know it gets the hormones going (-:

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Lord Derby bulls maybe the longest horned and most brilliantly marked of all the eland, but old Livingstone bulls are the biggest. Just look at how massive this old boy is!

I think it goes like this?

HORNS
LORD DERBY (YOU KNOW THERE ARE TWO KINDS)
LIVINGSTONE
CAPE
PATTERSON

SIZE
LIVINGSTONE
CAPE
LORD DERBY
PATTERSON

COLOR
LORD DERBY
PATTERSON
LIVINGSTONE
CAPE (CAPE ELAND ARE KIND OF BLAH COLORED)