THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zoological Art - alternative to skull mount

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zoological Art - alternative to skull mount
 Login/Join

<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Have any of you seen one of these in person? Jonas Bros. out of New York is advertising them as another way to mount horns and antlers. If it costs less than a shoulder mount, it might be worth considering.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. Looks very nice from the picture and is a sure alternative to a shoulder mount or a European mount.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A foundary in Oregon will do Moose and Elk skulls out of Bronze. You just attach your antlers for a great looking Euro mount.

It looks pretty cool and is about the same price as a head mount.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool looking idea. I found thier web site http://www.jonasbrotherstaxidermy.com/zooart.shtml

But it had no prices.

DRSS

Posts: 122 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote
posted
Just showed it to my wife. She likes European Skull Mounts better.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I hate it.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It looks like a way to fill in for soft bosses? There seems to be a big space between the bosses. I bet they charge more for that than a real mount.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Willy's .450
posted Hide Post
to each his own i guess. my two cents; i hate it. i would much rather have the real thing. it doesnt even look anything near lifelike.

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 08 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
It looks like a way to fill in for soft bosses? There seems to be a big space between the bosses. I bet they charge more for that than a real mount.

Should be a lot of business here from the Selous crowd then. Wink

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted
I just heard from my taxidermist here in Houston - Brush Country Taxidermy. They can do it but it's the same price as the shoulder mount - $1,450.

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
These may sell but I don't care much for this. To me, A real mounted head would not look good in this position, why would a fake one? Makes the horn look fake too.

If all you want to display is the horns, I think they are better displayed on the skull.

This reminds me of some of those fake, plastic gazelle horn mounts that I have seen on display in furniture stores to "complete your safari decor"

just my 2 cents. Sorry Jonas. thumbdown

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yuck! Eeker This one looks like something you'd find in a satanic cult's temple.

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about this one? It's not expensive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some gemsbok shot in RSA that are that short. Big Grin

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
There are some gemsbok shot in RSA that are that short. Big Grin

Short.bewildered

I was told it would make the SCI book.

Did the PH lie to me? Eeker

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was told it would make the SCI book.

Did the PH lie to me?

It would probably make the SCI coloring book.

Big Grin

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw these awhile back. I cant say I care for them. I would much rather have just a plain old skull hanging around than these.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
thumbdown thumbdown

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote