THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: NitroExpress 2005 Water Buffalo hunt

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: NitroExpress 2005 Water Buffalo hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i may be very very interested in a postition in this up and coming hunt could you post some prices

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NitroX,

I have sent you an e mail ... The buffalo in Australia should know of grizzled Canuckers ...

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I have had a very good response for this hunt and have replied to virtually all enquiries so far. An information pack is available for those interested.

Some specific queries:

* Can I bring my own firearms?

YES. Most clients bring their own firearms. It is relatively easy and the outfitter does at least thirty applications for the NT alone.

When booking an application form is sent to the client. This is filled out and returned with a photograph. Also a copy of the client's firearms license is also sent, or if your country does not have them, a form signed by a local official also does the job. The client is sent a photographic firearms permit for the NT which has a limited period, usually around a month. They also receive appropriate firearms import permits.

When leaving they must take the firearms out with them again.

Leave around a month for the processing plus inevitable postal delays.

* Non-hunting guests accompanying?

YES. Very welcome, sometimes families accompany the client.

Why not combine the hunt with a holiday to the NT's Top End or Far North Queensland's Great Barrier Reef!

* Do I have to hunt in the Water (ie Wetlands)?

NO. Water buffalo love the wetlands where choice feed is found plus wallowing. And Gan Gan has very good numbers of buffalo for this reason. However buffalo move around and can be hunted on dry land and many good ones are sighted wandering in the bush.

But its definitely more fun getting wet and muddy!

* What calibre is recommended?

The outfitter recommends the .375 H&H Mag as a minimum with a .416 or .458 even better.

* Can I bring and hunt with my double rifle?

Absolutely OF COURSE. And if you do I hope to photograph it and you with your trophy buff.

* How do I get there?

Flights would be booked to the tourist airports (and International airports as well) of Darwin OR Cairns. A daily flight between Darwin and Cairns stops off at Nhulunbuy (Gove Peninsula) each morning and evening (East in the morning and returns West in the evening). A charter flight will bring you to within a few kilometres of the camp in one of the remotest places on Earth.

* Can I hunt other game or fish?

YES. Excellent fishing is available right at the camp and elsewhere. Scattered pigs are about on the concession. A great separate pig hunt can be organised as well as the full gamut of South Pacific game. Abundant waterfowl in season.

Australia is an extremely safe place to hunt. You don't have to get lots of 'shots' (innoculations) and there is no malaria. Similar to hunting in Africa but in a First World Country without the hassles!

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote